Advertisement

Nightwing #148 is Rags Morales last issue.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 119 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:33 pm

chap22 wrote:nah i agree with Zechs. i think they shoulda just cancelled that sucker at 25, b/c that book was dead in the water regardless. not real sure why they even played out the string, b/c it was on life support even with Rucka writing.

Honestly what was left to tell that Rucka had already told? The Wall fell. The Rooks where revealed. They probably just thought, "hey we got Bruce Jones on contract still let's have him write something instead of wasting dead space."

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:34 pm

I think Kramer is 100x better than Rags -- I thought the art last issue was really nice.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 pm

nietoperz wrote:I'm waiting for Winnick to leave GA/BC so that I can start picking it up...

If Connor's alive by the end of it, I'll be getting it as well
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

diana_fan

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:29 pm

chap22 wrote:it's goofy all right, and Norton does do good superheroes, but other than that, i can't agree with your position.

I realize that I'm in the vast minority of Winick-supporters, but as I've said before, his sense of humor and mine seem sympatico. I laugh a lot reading GA/BC, it's fun, and just flat out joyful super-hero insanity for me.

I understand that most (a lot) others don't really like it. Oh well. Fair enough.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:43 pm

diana_fan wrote:I realize that I'm in the vast minority of Winick-supporters, but as I've said before, his sense of humor and mine seem sympatico. I laugh a lot reading GA/BC, it's fun, and just flat out joyful super-hero insanity for me.

I understand that most (a lot) others don't really like it. Oh well. Fair enough.

I try to consider myself a Winick supporter, I was enjoying GA/BC, but if he keeps putting my favourite characters in comas (current tally: 2) I can't abide his work.

Exiles, Barry Ween, Outsiders, were all good comics, as were a lot stuff I'm forgetting, but I'm sick of his shock tactics

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 pm

I was sorta reading Nightwing, but the art was definitely good. But Rags has definitely gotten major points for fighting Liefeld.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:07 pm

Is this the beginning of an arc or what?

I've been enjoying this series but half the cool factor was the Rags art.

And the solicitation definitely says that Kramer is doing the interior art for #148.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:17 am

Kid Impulse wrote:I try to consider myself a Winick supporter, I was enjoying GA/BC, but if he keeps putting my favourite characters in comas (current tally: 2) I can't abide his work.

Exiles, Barry Ween, Outsiders, were all good comics, as were a lot stuff I'm forgetting, but I'm sick of his shock tactics

Winnick is like Kevin Smith, every once in awhile you'll get a Chasing Amy/Barry Ween, but mostly it's Dogma/Trials of Shazam.

Hab

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:50 am

habitual wrote:Winnick is like Kevin Smith, every once in awhile you'll get a Chasing Amy/Barry Ween, but mostly it's Dogma/Trials of Shazam.

Hab

Gotta disagree with you there I'm afraid, I love Dogma and Trials of Shazam, and thought Chasing Amy was one of Smith's weakest movies

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 am

Kid Impulse wrote:Gotta disagree with you there I'm afraid, I love Dogma and Trials of Shazam, and thought Chasing Amy was one of Smith's weakest movies

I think Dogma is on a par with Jersey Girl for worst Smith movie, and I've never not enjoyed a Winick book I've read. That's not a huuuge number, but it's still a 100% record.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:50 am

nietoperz wrote:I'm waiting for Winnick to leave GA/BC so that I can start picking it up...

I actually like it despite it being by Winnick

It's not Watchmen, but it's fun.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:51 am

Also, if you wanna read a kick-ass Green Arrow story, Year One was great, IMO.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby misac » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:51 pm

What happen with Rags? He was on his way to be a huge name after Identity Crisis but now he's bouncing from book to book.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand