Sunday, July 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Nominations for comic of the week 7/10/2008

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Last weeks winner is Fables #74 (not #73)

So what would you like to nominate for this weeks book? Nominations will run through Sunday night. Then I shall raise my poll once again!

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Booster Gold 1,000,000
This issue is "gold"! Ha, ha, ha!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Amazing Spider-Man #565

guggenheim saves after gale's time.

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm

The Invincible Iron Man #3, because of the ballsy take on Pepper, because of Larocca's art shift halfway through during the Obadiah recap, because Ezekiel is awesomely creepy as the anti-Tony, because it's refreshing to read Tony as the intelligent human being that he is supposed to be, and most of all, because The Raiders as Robots piloted by fat Chinese Nerds via remote control like an mmorpg is brilliant.

"Um, it's nineteen miles until you're in international airspace, right?"
"Nineteen *kilometers*, noob."

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 pm

I nominate Dead, She Said #2.

I keep talking about this book, how creepy awesome it is, how amazing Bernie Wrightson's illustrations are, how cool the premise is. It really is a weird little book, but very, very interesting.

For those not reading it -- and that seems to be everyone but me -- Dead, She Said is about a PI who wakes up dead and has to solve his murder, and the case he was working on, before his body rots to the point of falling apart.

In this ish, our dead PI seems to have found a solution to his rotting skin problem and maybe even his hideous BO. This book is so bleak and gross, and yet so darkly hilarious, that it should be at the top of everyone's reading list.

Trust me -- it's awesome.

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:04 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I nominate Dead, She Said #2.

I keep talking about this book, how creepy awesome it is, how amazing Bernie Wrightson's illustrations are, how cool the premise is. It really is a weird little book, but very, very interesting.

For those not reading it -- and that seems to be everyone but me -- Dead, She Said is about a PI who wakes up dead and has to solve his murder, and the case he was working on, before his body rots to the point of falling apart.

In this ish, our dead PI seems to have found a solution to his rotting skin problem and maybe even his hideous BO. This book is so bleak and gross, and yet so darkly hilarious, that it should be at the top of everyone's reading list.

Trust me -- it's awesome.

I almost got this issue, but my LCS was sold out of the first issue. The owner has it on order for me and I've got the 2nd one waiting for whenever the other comes in. If I don't like it I'm holding you personally responsible. :wink:

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:13 pm

twoheads wrote:I almost got this issue, but my LCS was sold out of the first issue. The owner has it on order for me and I've got the 2nd one waiting for whenever the other comes in. If I don't like it I'm holding you personally responsible. :wink:

No worries -- I'll take full responsibility. :)

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:29 pm

Joker's Asylum: Penguin #1.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 am

:shock: Geez, it's starting to look like we're going to have a lot of single votes. That's a lot of choices!

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:45 am

starlord wrote::shock: Geez, it's starting to look like we're going to have a lot of single votes. That's a lot of choices!

There were a lot of good books this week. I had a hard time deciding on IIM #3. Guardians #3 and Nova #15 both could have easily been my choice.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 am

Mr. Batman wrote:Booster Gold 1,000,000
This issue is "gold"! Ha, ha, ha!

seconded. and in a week full of really good stuff, this was still an EASY choice. Blue & Gold ended up being easily my favorite arc of the year so far, and this issue brought it all home in grand style.

Dugan

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:31 am

Gonna go with Nova #15 just because i was surprised and a little saddened when Worldmind didn't reboot. Plus Alves draws one of the best Galactus' EVER!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:Gonna go with Nova #15 just because i was surprised and a little saddened when Worldmind didn't reboot. Plus Alves draws one of the best Galactus' EVER!

Seconded. :D

This storyarc had the most majestic portrayal of Galactus I've seen in a long time.

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:49 pm

chap22 wrote:seconded. and in a week full of really good stuff, this was still an EASY choice. Blue & Gold ended up being easily my favorite arc of the year so far, and this issue brought it all home in grand style.

This week WAS good too. Blue and Gold just did it for me

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:44 pm

I'll be the one man enough to nominate Secret Invasion #4. :P :wink: Nova #15 qnd Guardians of the Galaxy #3 were also really good.

leave a comment with facebook