Advertisement

DC Now Preemptively Driving Creators Off Next Year's Books

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 653 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: DC Now Preemptively Driving Creators Off Next Year's Boo

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:53 am

TimH wrote:
Isn't Miss Talon (I can never remember her name) native American? I remember there was some back story about her not being wealthy.

But, hey, don't judge DC's apparent lack of minorities too harshly. It's biggest name character is a minority!

Bruce Wayne / Batman!

He's one of the f---ing 1% !!!! :groucho:
Luthor, too! C'mon, guys! And as far as minorities go, that group definitely considers itself "persecuted and oppressed."

At the country club:

Bruce: The people of Gotham don't appreciate what a favor I'm doing for them. I create jobs, dammit!

Lex: Yes. The ingrates of Metropolis are no different. I pay their salary, without which they'd die like the inferior vermin they are. They owe me their lives. I give them their lives.

Vandal Savage: Nothing has changed in 100,000 years. The biggest outrage is paid sick leave. If you're sick, how is that my responsibility? Take better care of yourself. At least the United States supports me on this. Europe is hopeless.

:lol:

Advertisement

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
While raping Herald's (and lots more!) Childhoods ...

Not mine! I started reading the DCU when I was 20. :P

CyclopsWasRight
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Postby CyclopsWasRight » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44 am

I'm going to spend the next few years improving my drawing, then get a job at DC. I want to see just how bad things really are since the people involved always sugarcoat it, or just totally skimp on the details. With any luck, they'll fire me before I've even applied; that'll save some paperwork and travelling.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand