Advertisement

Original Sin #1 *spoilers eventually*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Re: Original Sin #1 *spoilers eventually*

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 09, 2014 7:05 am

Also, I like this opening issue and the gory concept of this event. I think it's smart to have multiple, mini groups working simultaneously to figure out what's going on. On one level, it makes Original Sin a mega Marvel Team-Up. I'm as curious to see why Dr. Strange and Punisher are together as I am to see who's behind the murder. Finally, it's great to see Nick Fury in the mix.

All in all, a great opening issue. But as we all know, these events often start off strong and then fall apart. Hope Aaron keeps up the momentum.

jarthurradley likes this post.

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri May 09, 2014 7:41 am

Two observations: 1). It's about god damn time that we got some old school Nick Fury, it's been to long and Aaron wrote him well. 2). I would pick up a Frank Castle/Stephen Strange book in a heartbeat!!! Loved the pairing.

Hab

HNutz likes this post.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Fri May 09, 2014 7:59 am

Old school Fury + Deodato channeling Steranko = awesomeness:

This page made me smile, big time.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri May 09, 2014 8:02 am

Eli Katz wrote: I'm as curious to see why Dr. Strange and Punisher are together as I am to see who's behind the murder.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I'm going to laugh if Dormammu and Jigsaw are working together :afro:

2 people like this post.

Supersoldier Washout
cheese

Liked in: 331 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 am

Theory #1;

Bruce Banner put the second team together. Being the first team wants to question him about the green shrapnel, I think this is a strong possibility. Also, I hear he's demanded to join the Illuminati; the group that, originally, sent him to another planet. Don't know how but this could play a part.

Theory #2

My original thought was Black Bolt being the killer. Trying to figure out who the two figures one with The Mindless Ones and one of the eyes at the book. The first, by the long hair and stance, appears to be a femaile with a lot of red hair and a black trench coat. I'm thinking Medusa as it was stated that the villain may not exactly be a bad guy.

I'm trying to find who the male in the red suit with white gloves and belt, wearing a white hood is. He looks familiar.
Easily annoyed by jackassery

habitual likes this post.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 151 posts

Postby MrBlack » Fri May 09, 2014 11:05 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:Theory #1;

Bruce Banner put the second team together. Being the first team wants to question him about the green shrapnel, I think this is a strong possibility. Also, I hear he's demanded to join the Illuminati; the group that, originally, sent him to another planet. Don't know how but this could play a part.

Theory #2

My original thought was Black Bolt being the killer. Trying to figure out who the two figures one with The Mindless Ones and one of the eyes at the book. The first, by the long hair and stance, appears to be a femaile with a lot of red hair and a black trench coat. I'm thinking Medusa as it was stated that the villain may not exactly be a bad guy.

I'm trying to find who the male in the red suit with white gloves and belt, wearing a white hood is. He looks familiar.

The identities of the killers are already out there:

I think this is a story where the identity of the killers isn't important; from previews, it looks like they may be revealed next issue. What is important is the fallout from their actions, i.e., the revelation regarding "the Unseen, the Original Sin."

Supersoldier Washout
cheese

Liked in: 331 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Fri May 09, 2014 11:59 am

Well WTF?
They pretty much made me not care anymore.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:16 pm

MrBlack wrote:The identities of the killers are already out there:

I think this is a story where the identity of the killers isn't important; from previews, it looks like they may be revealed next issue. What is important is the fallout from their actions, i.e., the revelation regarding "the Unseen, the Original Sin."

But those two are actually working for someone, right? I think there'll still be some mystery surrounding the "big bad" too

Supersoldier Washout likes this post.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 151 posts

Postby MrBlack » Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm

chap22 wrote:But those two are actually working for someone, right? I think there'll still be some mystery surrounding the "big bad" too

Maybe, but that wasn't the impression I got from their dialogue. There is definitely something bigger going on, but I am not sure whether it is directly tied to the Watcher's murder.

jarthurradley
expert hobo killer

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby jarthurradley » Tue May 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Oh so this isn't a story about The Watcher eating the forbidden fruit and dying of food poisoning. There's an actual story. Jimeney Crickets!
Check my social FAILings:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JArthurRadley

jarthurradley
expert hobo killer

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby jarthurradley » Thu May 15, 2014 11:31 am

Like Aaron and Deodato work. Story has a good start, but I am going to prejudge and say the event won't deliver like everything else Marvel (and their counterparts DC) hype in terms of the must-read gamechanger epic event etc. Bah humbug.

By the time the final issue comes out fans will be calling it Original Stink: The Taco Bell Deuce
Check my social FAILings:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JArthurRadley

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand