Advertisement

Over 100,000 Dead From Deadly Toxins in Batman #28

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 202 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:55 pm

We'd tell you this article contains a spoiler, but that would be a spoiler.

Source: Image from Comics Alliance Because We're Lazy

In what is being called the greatest comic book tragedy since Before Watchmen was published, over 100,000 readers have been found dead in their homes with recently read copies of DC Comics' Batman #28 near their bodies. While authorities have not given an official cause of death, it is widely suspected that the comic infected readers with Toxic Character Poisoning thanks to a full page appearance of known toxic character Stephanie Brown.

Due to concerns about extremely potent toxicity, Brown, along with fellow toxic characters Cassandra Cain and Wally West, were kept out of DC Comics after the Nu52 reboot. However, despite the best efforts of DC Co-Publisher Dan Didio to keep fans safe from harm, Stephanie made her way into the latest issue of the popular comic book by Scott Snyder, James S. Preston Tynion IV Esq., Dustin Nguyen, and Derek Fridolfs.

"I hope fans realize that I only ever had their best interest in mind," a sad, sad Didio told The Outhouse. Seriously, we think he was about to cry. He was so, so sad. "All this time, while they thought I was gleefully trolling them at conventions and in interviews, I was actually saving their lives."

The Outhouse sends it condolences to the friends and families of the readers who have died suddenly and painfully due to reading a comic with Stephanie Brown in it. We also apologize to all of our readers who will likely need to be hospitalized after viewing the following the image through their web browsers.

Please turn on your anti-virus software before viewing.

Ready?

Okay...

Batman #28 is in stores now. If you read it, you will almost certainly die. That being said, we highly recommend it.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Over 100,000 Dead From Deadly Toxins in Batman #28

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 pm

:lol:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 232 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Dan Didio. He's not the hero we deserve, but he's the hero we need.

Scintillant-H
Post Whore

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: Glitter Bitch
Formerly: Hal Shumaker

Postby Scintillant-H » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:49 am

Lord Simian wrote:Dan Didio. He's not the hero we deserve, but he's the hero we need.

regardless of context, that made my heart stop... mostly because it's correct. Just walk around me until I can get up again.

SporkBot
Post Whore

Liked in: 203 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 am

This is probably the best New52 redesign thus far (though how much is that saying, I wonder?). I like how it harkens back to her classic Spoiler costume, but has hints of her Batgirl togs as well.

If I had a complain, it might be because of the largely black motif. A lot of characters' costumes seem to be going darker in some fashion. But at least she's got purple instead of read.

Now we need only wait to see if the traits people grew to love about her made it to the new 'verse.

I still hate Harper Row.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:02 pm

SporkBot wrote:This is probably the best New52 redesign thus far (though how much is that saying, I wonder?). I like how it harkens back to her classic Spoiler costume, but has hints of her Batgirl togs as well.

If I had a complain, it might be because of the largely black motif. A lot of characters' costumes seem to be going darker in some fashion. But at least she's got purple instead of read.

Now we need only wait to see if the traits people grew to love about her made it to the new 'verse.

I still hate Harper Row.

No this is the second best. The best was the New 52 Shade. They didn't redesign him at all. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Scintillant-H
Post Whore

Postby Scintillant-H » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:22 am

SporkBot wrote:
I still hate Harper Row.

Thank you. I never heard of her til #28 and when I read it (to see Steph) I was freakishly appalled... she's a Mary Sue. :smt013 She gets cooler poses, and her hair always seems to be in a breeze even when there is none present "just to look cool," among other Sue traits.

It was funny when I told my Batman-loving Texan friend about her. :lol: I don't think I've had her text me so many "NO"s over and over since I told her that Lex Luthor was going to be on the Justice League and I said "imagine Batman taking orders from Lex" as a joke. I think she had an aneurysm :lol: this Mary Sue thing though... I think that almost killed her. What saved her life was her new devotion to seeing Harper die. I don't think we'll get such a wonderful event (hearing Snyder talk about her in interviews is sickening... like he's in love *vomit*) but it's great to think about. :-D

SporkBot
Post Whore

Liked in: 203 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 am

Scintillant-H wrote:I never heard of her til #28 and when I read it (to see Steph) I was freakishly appalled... she's a Mary Sue.

She's been around since the first few months of the New52. Her first appearance was more like a "cameo", as she was there, but not exactly identified. It's been a gradual build to her "Bluebird" status. After helping Bats a couple times, she's been in the running on some lists as a possible new Robin (which I wonder still applies; she's helping Batman, with a bird-theme), and when designs of her suited up got online, some were speculating she'd be Nightwing.

It was funny when I told my Batman-loving Texan friend about her. I don't think I've had her text me so many "NO"s over and over since I told her that Lex Luthor was going to be on the Justice League and I said "imagine Batman taking orders from Lex" as a joke. I think she had an aneurysm this Mary Sue thing though... I think that almost killed her. What saved her life was her new devotion to seeing Harper die. I don't think we'll get such a wonderful event (hearing Snyder talk about her in interviews is sickening... like he's in love *vomit*) but it's great to think about.

That's kind of what kills me. I like Snyder and Capullo's work, it's been one of the few good things to come out of the New52, and they're credited to her creation. I've heard scuttlebutt (here at the Outhouse) that she was only introduced because of DC's then-stagnant position on Cass and Steph. Row has had some moments that work to develop a character (standing up for her gay brother, and...uh...okay, that's the only one I can think of). But I still don't like her.

The qualities she's emphasized with, belonged to other characters. Her desire to help Batman, to keep him from destroying himself? That's Tim Drake (Row after Damien, Tim after Jason). Her insistence on crime-fighting despite Batman telling her to stop? That's Stephanie Brown (Row also has a criminal father, but that may be nit-picking). It's maddening, really. I want to say that's the basic entirety of why I loathe the character, but I get the feeling there's another reason I can't presently articulate.

I don't think she's going to buy it anytime soon. Someone on this site speculated, though, that her brother (who was probably the one directing them in #28 from the Batcave) might get killed soon.

Scintillant-H
Post Whore

Postby Scintillant-H » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:02 am

SporkBot wrote:
She's been around since the first few months of the New52. Her first appearance was more like a "cameo", as she was there, but not exactly identified. It's been a gradual build to her "Bluebird" status. After helping Bats a couple times, she's been in the running on some lists as a possible new Robin (which I wonder still applies; she's helping Batman, with a bird-theme), and when designs of her suited up got online, some were speculating she'd be Nightwing.

That's kind of what kills me. I like Snyder and Capullo's work, it's been one of the few good things to come out of the New52, and they're credited to her creation. I've heard scuttlebutt (here at the Outhouse) that she was only introduced because of DC's then-stagnant position on Cass and Steph. Row has had some moments that work to develop a character (standing up for her gay brother, and...uh...okay, that's the only one I can think of). But I still don't like her.

The qualities she's emphasized with, belonged to other characters. Her desire to help Batman, to keep him from destroying himself? That's Tim Drake (Row after Damien, Tim after Jason). Her insistence on crime-fighting despite Batman telling her to stop? That's Stephanie Brown (Row also has a criminal father, but that may be nit-picking). It's maddening, really. I want to say that's the basic entirety of why I loathe the character, but I get the feeling there's another reason I can't presently articulate.

I don't think she's going to buy it anytime soon. Someone on this site speculated, though, that her brother (who was probably the one directing them in #28 from the Batcave) might get killed soon.

The more I hear about her the more I hate her... damn it. I can see her brother dying as they try to make it her "trauma" for a while. At least they've been building her up for a while instead of how book 1 ended. We don't even get to see much of anything about Richard at all before we're seeing that DNA scan that--oh dear--he may be the killer of that dude! :roll: Wouldn't it have been more dramatic if new readers perhaps got to know the guy before that twist? As it stands in just one book in which we barely get to see his personality, readers have no reason to give a sh*t about Richard being a potential murderer.

As much good as I'm hearing about the Batman series, I finally read #1 yesterday and I was so damn annoyed... it was cheap thrills and half-hollow plot throughout, plus most of the characters seem to have the same personality base, even Bruce. It was highly disappointing, since I never read Snyder's stuff before (save Batman #28) and everyone seems to do nothing but praise the man. I was stunned at the cheap moves he was making in the very first book. Everyone has this "Sue feel" to them that's more tart than some of the other poor Nu52 books I've read. But I can't quite put my finger on the "feel" specifically... there just... IS something about them all... especially Bruce. I'm hoping things clear up in book 2 (planning on making some time to get to it) but I think it's better if I expect crap.

This is why I should never get my hopes up... :smt011 and I really was expecting something worth praising, too. :drunk Still, Harper is the worst part, until I see something even more horrific. Damn, I hope they don't Sue-up Steph... :cry: she was never a fave (she was annoying) but I liked what she brought to the story, when she wasn't being marked "Tim's girl."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand