Wednesday, July 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Paramount to Chuck Again With New TMNT Movie!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Michael Bay and his production company will still be behind this film which will reinvent the beloved franchise-- hopefully in a better direction than previously given.

If at first, you don't succeed, try try again. Though a beloved franchise, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles hasn't fared well on the big screen since the first two movies from the 90s. There was the 2000 animated movie which was decent, but it didn't cause a big splash. 

Then infamously we got the two entries produced by Michael Bay that starred Megan Fox. Where we got this:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why the Shredder suddenly disappeared from this scene. Other than of course the recycled plot from the Amazing Spider-Man rearing it's head.

So yes, as confirmed by the Hollywood Reporter Paramount is going to try this again and along with Bay's production company, Platinum Dunes. They've given Andrew Dodge the task to write the film. Dodge previously wrote the darkly humored Jason Bateman-directed movie Bad Words (ironically many bad words were said of the two prior Paramount films). 

Will this one not be a nightmare to fans? More than likely yes. On the bright side, at least it means you'll see me try to claw my eyes out with what I've just watched.

I guess that's a good thing for-- you? It sure as hell ain't for me. 

Until then, we always have the superior Turtle movie to remember and entertain us with aka 1990 one:

Truly cinema magic that hasn't been replicated. 

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:06 pm

So they didn't have the sense to cut off anything to do with Bay after those last two movies? SMDH. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Are you ready for more magic blood and secret societies?! And American flags?! AND UNENDING TOILET HUMOUR AND CASUAL RACISM?! AND MOTHERFUCKING EXPLOSION?!

Oh. No? Okay then. :smt102

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:26 am

Go ninja, go ninja, go...

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 pm

They know what Zechs likes

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:35 pm