Monday, December 11, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Patrick Zircher Only Person to Take Randy Queen's Side in DMCA Takedown Controversy

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:On the other hand, he's given us a great tagline for September after our rebranding is done.

Exactly what I was going to suggest :lol:

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:56 am

I actually remember a few years ago when he told me (on Twitter) that he liked the site (but not the name) in response to me telling him I like his work (which I do).

That was back in the days of Character Spotlight and Comics You Should Be Reading and things like that (by "things like that," I mean "still kissing corporate ass trying to curry favor with publishers"). Before the New News Initiative and snarky humor.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 am

Grayson wrote:God, this guy is a child.

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:On the other hand, he's given us a great tagline for September after our rebranding is done.

I can see it now: The banner reads "Your work at Outhousers is puerile, unfunny, and sophomoric. The work is moronic." - Patrick Zircher

It'd be like the late Maurice Sendak's quote for one of Colbert's books, "The sad thing is, I like it." Except, y'know...less meaningful.

If the initial remarks about Randy Queen's work were anything like this (more insulting, antagonistic), I could see/understand Queen getting upset. I could see someone defending his actions (largely because I've encountered a lot of ass-wipes in my time, mostly but not exclusively online). But what Queen did was over the line, and at least he eventually admitted he was wrong (even if to a degree).

However, if they were actual, insightful criticisms about the fundamentals of the image(s), and NOT insults like Zicher has delved to lobbing...then these jokers wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they paired up and used a dinette set.

RottenArsenal wrote: just because somebody published it doesn't mean it is any good

If you listen closely, you can hear Dan Didio cover his ears and chant, "la-la, la-la! I am not list-en-ing! La-la, la-la!"

Scintillant-H

#1,984 on Deathstroke's Hit List

Postby Scintillant-H » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:33 am

If Zircher heard what I have to say about today's comics, he'd have lots to work with :lol:

americanslime

Flying Mongoose

Postby americanslime » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:49 am

Somebody might want to get on the fact that DC appears to be hiring 13 year olds.

Scintillant-H

Postby Scintillant-H » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 am

americanslime wrote:Somebody might want to get on the fact that DC appears to be hiring 13 year olds.

Counter reset? :lol:

Reid William Mason

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Reid William Mason » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:01 am

I'm the guy Zircher was insulting in the "Zirchercustomers" image. I was a fan of his prior to his pro-Queen hissy fit, and frankly I had no idea he was this much of a creep. Knowing now how entitled and hateful he is...yeah, I won't be bothering with anything he does anymore. I don't want to support jerks, especially those who think DMCA abuses and bogus legal threats are fine and dandy.

LobsterJ

phrase IV

Postby LobsterJ » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:29 am

This is too bad because I like this guy's work, I have a soft spot for anybody who worked on the original New Warriors series.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 am

LobsterJ wrote:This is too bad because I like this guy's work, I have a soft spot for anybody who worked on the original New Warriors series.

That was long after Bagley left it.

Scintillant-H

Postby Scintillant-H » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 am

Thought just occurred to me.. hey, Jude, when we 'like' a post that came from facebook, is the person on facebook notified that we liked their post? :smt017

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Scintillant-H wrote:Thought just occurred to me.. hey, Jude, when we 'like' a post that came from facebook, is the person on facebook notified that we liked their post? :smt017

Nope, that would require everyone accepting permissions or something and more code.

Scintillant-H

Postby Scintillant-H » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Nope, that would require everyone accepting permissions or something and more code.

I figured on the 'more code' part, but it was an interesting thought. :)

Glen Terry

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Glen Terry » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Clearly, Zircher needs to spend a moment and google "Streisand Effect"....or "Union Street Guest House". Somebody needs to sign him up for How the Internet works 101

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Isengard wrote:Weird. He used to be an okay guy.

Two small points with this story. "Patrick Zircher took to Twitter to defend Randy Queen" implies that he wasn't on Twitter at some point, which is impossible. Patrick Zircher is on Twitter approximately 24 hours a day, a conservative estimate. Also some of Gail Simone's followers are "batshit insane." PZ's got as much right to say so as the Tumblr girls had to criticize Queen's art.

Gail Simone is batshit insane. But then, given what she's worked on at DC and that she worked at DC... :P

Signed, a man often called catshit insane... behind his back... but I hear you.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 pm

LobsterJ wrote:This is too bad because I like this guy's work, I have a soft spot for anybody who worked on the original New Warriors series.

I agree, his art is actually good whenever I've seen it in the books I buy.

But between this and the Waid thing he comes across as pretty arrogant.

leave a comment with facebook