Tuesday, June 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Shit happens here."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Plagiarism Conspiracy Surrounds Stan Lee's The Guardian Project and ImagiNation Sports (UPDATED)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 am

This group should team up with the Tunamelt creator for a class action.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:40 am

Xenotrons - a Scientology connection? :shock:
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:41 am

Also, isn't that purple guy an original member of the New Warriors?
User avatar

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 am

I think Liefeld has a case here...
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:46 am

Jon Salwen wrote:I think Liefeld has a case here...


Truth Teller is Rob Liefeld. You heard it here first.

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Why would anyone, Stan Lee included, want to take credit for The Guardian Project? It was really stupid.
User avatar

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Based solely on this evidence, the allegations look pretty thin. The similarities between the two characters mentioned in the article are pretty vague: there are an awful lot of superheroes with a purple, black, and silver color scheme, and the studded armor isn't exactly original either. The characters otherwise don't look at all alike. Their powers aren't similar at all either: digging into the ground is not the same as causing earthquakes.
User avatar

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Purple character
Armor
Earthquakes

Sounds like Avalanche. Marvel, it ain't too late to get in on this...
User avatar

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 pm

And somewhere, SuperPro has consulted his lawyer...
User avatar

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm

:lol:
User avatar

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm

BlueStreak wrote:This group should team up with the Tunamelt creator for a class action.

Image

I tried to find the image that someone made showing that Nova had the "pyramid of three faces" years earlier, but it looks like that image is gone.
User avatar

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:31 pm

But the two characters are posing on the SAME FOOT! It's obviously stolen!
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 pm

MrBlack wrote:Based solely on this evidence, the allegations look pretty thin. The similarities between the two characters mentioned in the article are pretty vague: there are an awful lot of superheroes with a purple, black, and silver color scheme, and the studded armor isn't exactly original either. The characters otherwise don't look at all alike. Their powers aren't similar at all either: digging into the ground is not the same as causing earthquakes.


That almost sounds like it could be Shredder. . .
User avatar

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 pm

MrBlack wrote:Image

I tried to find the image that someone made showing that Nova had the "pyramid of three faces" years earlier, but it looks like that image is gone.

Man, I loved that guy. :lol:
User avatar

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 pm

The two projects don't really sound that similar other than involving sports-themed characters, even the example of the two purple guys seems a little thin. I think we need more evidence. Plus we should give Lee's PR people a chance to respond. I think you should contact them regarding this claim and let them have a chance to respond by email or post.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 47 guests