Advertisement

Point One #1 Review (Spoilers I'm Sure)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Re: Point One #1 Review (Spoilers I'm Sure)

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 pm

The President wrote:
Chap is truly an idiot.

Well yea he is a Lawyer from Mississippi. Thats a dual dummy IMHO. :twisted:
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Advertisement

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:41 am

You ever wonder what Mississippi law school would be like? I imagine it's just three years in which a law professor repeatedly tells you, "Dude. I'm serious. You CAN'T fuck your cousin."

(I kid cuz I love, Chap.)

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 am

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:You ever wonder what Mississippi law school would be like? I imagine it's just three years in which a law professor repeatedly tells you, "Dude. I'm serious. You CAN'T fuck your cousin."

(I kid cuz I love, Chap.)

Class?? They just make you list 3 John Grisham novels and watch A Time to Kill. :twisted:
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 am

avengingtitan wrote:I have but well their IDIOTS I'm looking at you Punchy

Loeb's Hulk was good.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:06 am

The Watcher and Strange parts of the book were the best. I might check out Defenders after all.

The AoA stuff is just further proof that Mutants are arrogant assholes.

The Ultron stuff looks like a re-re-re-re-retread of Days of Future Past. and the Ultimization of Hawkeye is just sad.

The twins and Spidey stories were just meh.

I love Nova and hope Richard is back - but Phoenix I couldn't give two craps about.

In conclusion - this book was pretty much a waste of my time.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:57 am

Marvel have been hyping up this one-shot big time, and I’m not sure it really lived up to my expectations. I thought that all the various story snippets and previews would be a bit more clearly linked than just ‘The Watcher saw them’ so that was a bit disappointing, but other than that, this book mainly suffered from the usual anthology syndrome, in that by it’s very nature it was a mixed bag, and I liked some stories more than others.
OK then, so, in order: The Nova story was decent, with fantastic art from McGuinness, but it does raise a lot of questions about who this Nova is and whether it’s Richard Rider or not. Depending on the answers to those questions, my opinion of this story will shift. Also, the use of ‘epic fail’ was just terrible, how inappropriate to refer to the destruction of an ENTIRE PLANET as an epic fail.
The Age Of Apocalypse story was good, De La Torre’s art was wonderful, and I love how it’s flipping the idea of mutants vs humans on it’s head, and how characters who were mutant-hating bigot villains in the real world are now heroes, I’ll certainly be up for that point-one issue of X-Force, and maybe the ongoing.
Scarlet Spider was OK, but I’m reading too many Spider-books as it is, and there’s nothing in Kaine’s character that really separates him from other ‘gritty urban vigilantes’, I’ll stick with Venom.
Coldmoon and Dragonfire seem like cool characters, but it’s hard to judge the quality of this one since unlike the other stories we have literally no idea when and where these characters will show up, so you can’t gauge it’s success in the same ways. But the concept is cool, and I always like new international heroes.
The Doctor Strange story was awesome and insane, but then I was already on the edge of my seat for The Defenders, so I pretty much knew I’d like that one.
And finally, the Ultron story didn’t really work for me, I know Bendis has been building up to this story for a while, but the dystopian future was a little generic and we were given little exposition and explanation for what the hell has going on. Hitch’s art looked good though, his best work for a while.
So overall, this was good, it got me interesting in a couple of new series and really served as a great reminder of how deep and large the Marvel Universe is. I’m actually really intrigued to see what the framing story was setting up too. Where is Brubaker taking that?

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Nova: I like the new design, and it's clear from the way he's drawn that this is meant to be a teen character, and not Richard. That somewhat excuses the horrible "epic fail" line if that is the case.

AoA: Loved this. Maybe the best in the book. The idea of all these guys who are supposed to be villains fighting for humanity is interesting. Nice art, too.

Scarlet Spider: Pretty good.

Coldmoon & Dragonfire: Meh.

Defenders: Interesting..

The Avengers: DEFINITELY can't wait for this..

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand