Advertisement

POLL: Most Maddening Moment of the Year – 2013

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 am

You thought 2012 was bad?! 2013 might have actually been worse. Which moment drove you most mad? Well it's time for YOU to decide!

Attention all who've clicked this article. You have great rage in your heart. This reporter can feel it fester within you. We already have an article for Best Moment of the Year '13, but what about the ones that earned the ire of fans? The ones that made their skin crawl, made them seethe with rage, or just just made them go “WTF?!” Moments that are simply maddening.

2013 sure had a LOT of them. Ones that made fans truly mad with rage. Of course, given this is being posted on December 18, there's still always time for another moment to slip in. So be watchful as this poll will be updated to account for newly enraging moments. Last year's winner benefited greatly from this. Will history repeat itself? Will Dan Slott laugh manically once again and drink delicious fanboy tears?!

The nominees are:

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 490 posts

Re: POLL: Most Maddening Moment of the Year – 2013

Postby HNutz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 am

That thing with The Bass, when he "argued" about the page's rampant hostility towards Marvel? :smt102

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:16 am

HNutz wrote:That thing with The Bass, when he "argued" about the page's rampant hostility towards Marvel? :smt102

Whaat? Also yes, I didn't put in my own maddening moment this year. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

A Dork Defiant
Whippersnapper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby A Dork Defiant » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:47 am

The murder of Saint Walker by Justin Jordan (and, by extension, Robert Venditti). Ostensibly due to the misbegotten notion that anyone who espouses anything as wholesome and benevolent as hope must also necessarily be weak.

That, and as a contrivance to artificially inflate the seeming "menace" of new (yet remarkably cookie-cutter) villain, Relic.

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 189 posts

Postby TimH » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:50 am

Can I just vote for all of them???

PS. I was (and I suppose still am) a fan of Supergirl, but I had to drop the title when I learned about the second H'el multi-mag crossover (and the strange outer space trip (that I muscled through) involving Cyborg Superman didn't help either--weren't we just getting to know the new Banshee and Kara's new apartment life?

Whudahell went down wi' dat?

And, yes, my drop proved to be an investment well made---

Now she has another multi-mag crossover with the Lanterns!

I'm actually OK with the Red Lantern stuff, but--Supergirl, we hardly know ya. Stop slutting around with other titles and stick with the fans who love ya.*

* OK, OK, the multi-mag crossover fever--that's a marketing ploy to save a flagging title, right? Trying desperately to pull in readers from the other titles, right? Then just put Kara out of her misery, and make her a backup feature in Action Comics...

TimH
cheese

Postby TimH » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:56 am

Speaking of multi-mag and hard-follow crossovers--

I read Justice League and Forever Evil, so I shouldn't care--but the Owlman subplot in Justice League seemed important to the Forever Evil story. So important that I had to check the cover several times to confirm it wasn't Forever Evil #4.

C'mon, DC. I don't even know what comic I'm reading anymore. They all blend together into a massive, never-ending crossover. And speaking of that, I dumped my beloved Zatanna (JL Dark) because I didn't feel like shelling out for the Bleech or Blizzard or whatever multi-mag crossover starring John Constantine.*

* And don't get me started on Constantine. Since when did he become a "team player"? How long can you maintain a team book starring a greasy fucker who only looks out for himself? (And exploits the characters you do like? "Zatanna, call me back when you decide to dump Constantine."

TimH
cheese

Postby TimH » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:06 am

Dammit, ultimately, I placed my vote with the stunt involving "Beware the Bat" being delayed into January.

What does cartoon network expect going into this??? And is Adventure Time and those other weird Cartoon Network originals dependent on Toy Sales?

I mean, DC hasn't even published Beware the Batman toys. How can there be anything about Beware the Batman that Cartoon Network didn't expect?

And, damn, Sumaloo Montano's voice will be awakening an entire generation of eight-year-olds to their inner Asian Fever. Can't Cartoon Network look at this long term? Half its crappy cartoons are about ninjas. Their bottom line depends on raising a new generation of Asian-phile homebodies.

Er, speaking of which, anybody seen Herald in awhile? Cartoon Katana is like Kimio surrogate, right? :smt007

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 183 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Marvel's animated series' downward spiral. No doubt.

"Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was a great cartoon. The best they ever produced, IMO. And they replaced it with "Avengers Assemble", which I find unwatchable.

And While I hated the name and Wolverine being in charge, "Wolverine an the X-Men wasn't bad.

All of the current Marvel cartoons are pure crap.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Supersoldier Washout wrote:Marvel's animated series' downward spiral. No doubt.

"Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was a great cartoon. The best they ever produced, IMO. And they replaced it with "Avengers Assemble", which I find unwatchable.

And While I hated the name and Wolverine being in charge, "Wolverine an the X-Men wasn't bad.

All of the current Marvel cartoons are pure crap.

I'm just surpirsed at the downward spiral they've taken. You'd think with all that talent they have for Hulk, Avengers, and Ultimate Spider-Man they'd be owning DC. But nope... just pure horror.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 is great.

Avengers Assemble and Hulk are horrible shows though.

Johnny Daggers
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 139 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: POLL: Most Maddening Moment of the Year – 2013

Postby Johnny Daggers » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:42 am

Blackman and Williams boot is by far the worst. DC doesn't give a shit about its fans or stories, they just want their money, and apparently the only way to get there less popular books to sell is to just make constant cross overs.

Just really rubs salt in the wound that their story ended in the middle of an awesome arc in order to tie into another stupid crossover. Oh well, thanks for saving me money DC!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 309 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:50 pm

A Dork Defiant wrote:The murder of Saint Walker by Justin Jordan (and, by extension, Robert Venditti). Ostensibly due to the misbegotten notion that anyone who espouses anything as wholesome and benevolent as hope must also necessarily be weak.

You just have to love these fan-boy rants fueled by self-righteous indignation. Especially when they are 100% completely wrong. St Walker wasn't murdered. He was just unconscious. Not to mention that solicits for March also show him still alive. :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

PaulSebert
luchadore

Liked in: 0 post

Postby PaulSebert » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Cast a write-in vote for the deaths of Mettle, Juston, and Reptil in Avengers Arena. Considering that The Outhouse has had a lot of fun at the expense of Tumblr's reaction to the book I'd of thought it would have been a surefire candidate for this award.

Also kind of doubly frustrating for Academy fans because as unlike Peter Parker, Scarlet Witch, or Rogue the kids offed in that book probably aren't coming back anytime soon.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:00 am

If there's no setting to see what the current votes are at then this Polldaddy shit sucks.

Hab

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:39 pm

IT SURE DOES.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand