Friday, December 15, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Psylocke Appreciation Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:43 pm

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 pm

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:33 pm

It's astonishing the amount of dignity and grace that Psylocke is often portrayed with. :lol:

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm

she's HOT!

after browsing the thread two things have become apparent:

1) psylock is best if the cosplayer goes all the way to dying her hair purple.
:-D
2) i need some alone-time....
:groucho:

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Draco x wrote:I remember this episode and I wasn't feeling them making Betsy some villain for hire for the Brotherhood. I do imagine that if this show hadn't been cancelled they could have brought her back and made her join the X-Men eventually.

WTF?!?
wasn't she an original New Mutant? on the side of right, from the start. EMMA was the scumbag villain, even in the movies, and probably still is!
:smt011

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Peter-J-DeadPoole wrote:
WTF?!?
wasn't she an original New Mutant? on the side of right, from the start. EMMA was the scumbag villain, even in the movies, and probably still is!
:smt011

From what I read she originally appeared in Captain Britain but later joined the X franchise afterwards. As I said the gripe I had with her brief appearance on Wolverine & The X-Men is that she played a useless role as some random telepath Quicksilver and co used to try and control Nitro before getting punked by Emma. You didn't really see her being utilized as some badass ninja but just some telepath for hire that was shown to be an amateur who couldn't do her job right keeping Nitro under control.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm

In the comics, she's an adult and the twin sister of Captain Britain. I don't remember how the later cartoon shows portrayed her.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Peter-J-DeadPoole wrote:wasn't she an original New Mutant? on the side of right, from the start.

No and Yes. Check out the Captain Britain trade by Alan Moore & Alan Davis and then get the Captain Britain trade by Alan Davis (writer & artist). Alan Moore's run sets a good foundation but Alan Davis builds a mansion (Braddock Manor :P ). Betsy is a great character, but I still prefer her as a British telepath.

The whole Revanche retcon was just too weird. If Jim Lee wanted Psylocke to be a purple-haired ninja assassin, he should have just made a new character and had her take over Betsy's codename. It doesn't make sense that Betsy was the only person to have body-swapped as a result of the Siege Perilous.

Draco x

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Draco x » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:46 pm

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:00 pm

I agree the whole Psylocke/Revanche thing was overly complicated. After she emerged from the Siege she was found by The Hand who did the actual mind-swapping.

leave a comment with facebook