Advertisement

DC Publicity Handler Keeps Tight Reign on Finches in Wonder Woman Interview

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

OneWhoIsAll
cheese

Liked in: 454 posts
Title: SilentKnight
Formerly: KnightofOwls

Re: DC Publicity Handler Keeps Tight Reign on Finches in Won

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Sales stats for past year:

06/2014: Wonder Woman #32 -- 48,235 (+ 57.3%) Bombshell Variant Cover
-----------------
6 months: + 47.2%
1 year : + 34.0%
2 years : + 2.1%
5 years : + 47.3%
10 years: + 65.0%

That can't really be the reason why WW 32 sold so well is the Bombshell Variant Cover is it?

Advertisement

americanslime
Helter Skelter

Liked in: 56 posts

Postby americanslime » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:23 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:Stigma of the creators comments and view points aside.

Anyone actually belive that the new Wonder Woman run might crash and burn? Like sales start to drop at a fast pace?

Is it like the average sales of Wonder Woman Solo around 30 000 as it is? (their was a boost in numbers is July I notice.)

I really don't know. I don't think that the kind of people who like Azzarello and Chiang would like the Finches more mainstream approach. I certainly won't be reading, just because the interviews with them have made the two sound completely clueless and uninspired, and I really hate Dave's art anyway. Whether or not it'll make up for that through new readers on Finch's name alone? Hard to say. Anybody who will be jumping on for that reason will be the same kind of fan DC has been pandering to with almost all of their line, so they may be stretching that section of their fanbase a little thin. Either way, I'm pretty sure DC will lose a big chunk of individual readers who enjoyed Azz and Chiang's more vertigo-esque approach.

Beige Lantern
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: Galactic Decorator

Postby Beige Lantern » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:26 pm

zryson wrote:Its not too surprising to see the publicist asserting their power. I've met more than a few over the years and they like to keep a very tight grip on the reins.

Like Scientology!

Also, go away zryson you are a complete ass and I am glad I am allowed to tell you so here. Go back to SHH or wherever the mods refuse to let others point out your idiocy.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - "No, you move." - Captain America

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 554 posts

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 201 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 am

Beige Lantern wrote:

Also, go away zryson you are a complete ass and I am glad I am allowed to tell you so here. Go back to SHH or wherever the mods refuse to let others point out your idiocy.

Was that really necessary?
Easily annoyed by jackassery

Rob Thompson
cheese

Liked in: 660 posts
Title: Soldier. Teacher.

Postby Rob Thompson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 am

HNutz wrote:...?

Yeah, I did not understand that either. Nothing in Z's post seemed to warrant that response. :smt102
"Observe. Orient. Decide. Act."

Beige Lantern
Mad Hatter

Postby Beige Lantern » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:58 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:Was that really necessary?

You have no idea.

Rob Thompson wrote:Yeah, I did not understand that either. Nothing in Z's post seemed to warrant that response. :smt102

Not in this post, no.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - "No, you move." - Captain America

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:10 am

Beige Lantern wrote:
You have no idea.

Not in this post, no.

So you're using the Outhouse's more lenient moderating to continue and escalate a past fued with zryson? Just attacking him, really without any provocation other than you disagreed with him in the past, because you believe the mods here will let you get away with it?

I really hope they don't.

OneWhoIsAll
cheese

Liked in: 454 posts
Title: SilentKnight
Formerly: KnightofOwls

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:22 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:
So you're using the Outhouse's more lenient moderating to continue and escalate a past fued with zryson? Just attacking him, really without any provocation other than you disagreed with him in the past, because you believe the mods here will let you get away with it?

I really hope they don't.

Sadly this happens with other people as well. Vendetta between two people always be carried over in other topics as well. Just look at the recent topic about TMNT reviews coming in.

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-asylum/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-reviews-are-coming-t103476.html

Rob Thompson
cheese

Postby Rob Thompson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:27 am

OneWhoIsAll wrote:
Sadly this happens with other people as well. Vendetta between two people always be carried over in other topics as well. Just look at the recent topic about TMNT reviews coming in.

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-asylum/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-reviews-are-coming-t103476.html

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 am

OneWhoIsAll wrote:

Yeah, I saw that. What appeared to be a poorly worded post, due to lack of punctuation marks, was misunderstood and devolved into name calling. Ridiculous, because they were arguing the same point, but I understood where it was coming from.

B.L. just went to name calling because he disagreed with him in the past for no other reason than he can get away with name calling here.

Rob Thompson
cheese

Postby Rob Thompson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:38 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:
Yeah, I saw that. What appeared to be a poorly worded post, due to lack of punctuation marks, was misunderstood and devolved into name calling. Ridiculous, because they were arguing the same point, but I understood where it was coming from.

B.L. just went to name calling because he disagreed with him in the past for no other reason than he can get away with name calling here.

Always found it a good idea to try and remember this:
“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
~Socrates

2 people like this post.

Beige Lantern
Mad Hatter

Postby Beige Lantern » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:01 pm

*eyeroll* Normally I'd agree with you, but you really don't know the situation. Your belief in decency and civility is exactly the kind of thing this asshat has a long standing reputation for exploiting. It's not just the two of us. Really, I can bring it testimonials if you want. He is forum cancer.

I don't even know if we disagree on anything. My issues are behavior alone. Well, we disagree that he is some kind of industry insider who's in with the bigwigs, something he has repeatedly claimed when stating rumors (several of which have since been debunked) as facts.

But he's "civil" forum cancer so he lingers on because people don't believe he needs to be chemoed.

Rob Thompson
cheese

Postby Rob Thompson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Beige Lantern wrote:*eyeroll* Normally I'd agree with you, but you really don't know the situation. Your belief in decency and civility is exactly the kind of thing this asshat has a long standing reputation for exploiting. It's not just the two of us. Really, I can bring it testimonials if you want. He is forum cancer.

But he's "civil" forum cancer so he lingers on because people don't believe he needs to be chemoed.

Well, responding in kind says more about you than it does about him.

And do not misunderstand me; I am not claiming some sort of sainthood here. I think everyone has had something like this happen to them at some point. I know personally, the only thing that saved me was a friend who had the courage to point out I had become my enemy.

EDIT: As Marcus Aurelius once noted, "The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury."
Last edited by Rob Thompson on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Beige Lantern wrote:*eyeroll* Normally I'd agree with you, but you really don't know the situation. Your belief in decency and civility is exactly the kind of thing this asshat has a long standing reputation for exploiting. It's not just the two of us. Really, I can bring it testimonials if you want. He is forum cancer.

I don't even know if we disagree on anything. My issues are behavior alone. Well, we disagree that he is some kind of industry insider who's in with the bigwigs, something he has repeatedly claimed when stating rumors (several of which have since been debunked) as facts.

And you are continuing to exploit the lenient moderation of this forum.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand