Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Pulls Mean-spirited April Fools Prank, Claims Astro City will Come to Vertigo

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Link from vertigo website yesterday.

You can all eat a dick. There is no reason to see this as an april fools joke.

Calm down, sparky.
It is very easy to see this as an April fools joke, and i thought it was a pretty creative one at that. Still it is real and that is great news to me.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Calm down, sparky.
It is very easy to see this as an April fools joke, and i thought it was a pretty creative one at that. Still it is real and that is great news to me.

You can come over to my house 3 hours away where I will make you a delicious chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, green beans and then a great big dick float for dessert.

Also I posted this right before I had a ton to do at work so I was unable to see the continued posts.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:35 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
You can come over to my house 3 hours away where I will make you a delicious chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, green beans and then a great big dick float for dessert.

Also I posted this right before I had a ton to do at work so I was unable to see the continued posts.

:lol: ill take the dinner but pass on desert. It was great that you brought this news to our attention-- jude did get an article out if it. Id say any other day than today i would have believed it in a heart beat, but will all the false news flying around this could have been one of them. That is all I'm saying.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:46 pm

bkthomson wrote::lol: ill take the dinner but pass on desert. It was great that you brought this news to our attention-- jude did get an article out if it. Id say any other day than today i would have believed it in a heart beat, but will all the false news flying around this could have been one of them. That is all I'm saying.

Are you sure?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:49 pm

:lol: I'll take the dick dessert.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:50 pm

I feel responsible since I stole BK's joke and hijacked Yoni's thread. All for my front page glory!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote::lol: I'll take the dick dessert.

Careful I'm reconsidering letting you meet me in SF at the end of the month.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 pm

:lol:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Kurt Busiek tweeted this. :-D

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Herald wrote:

LOL.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I guess. I mean I don't think the tone of the book will change at all but for once DC is showing that they are looking to grow the brand. So I guess this might actually bode well for vertigo.

Let's hope so...

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Because signing Astro City for Wildstorm sure helped to grow that brand? :lol: :lol: :lol:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Because signing Astro City for Wildstorm sure helped to grow that brand? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm pretty sure it was a pretty good seller as opposed to Wildcats and Stormwatch.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was a pretty good seller as opposed to Wildcats and Stormwatch.

Regardless of what it sold, Wildstorm bit the dust. Vertigo may as well have.

Hank Kanalz, who used to run Wildstorm, is now in charge of Vertigo so hopefully Busiek got good terms there for his owned property at least, I don't think he's in very good health.

leave a comment with facebook