Advertisement

Punisher #8 (Blue On Blue Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Punisher #8 (Blue On Blue Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:35 am

What really stands out in this series is how much Rucka leaves unsaid and how trusting he is of his artist to tell the story. I’m pretty sure that Frank Castle only says 2 sentences in this issue, yet still he’s a major presence. Checchetto really is doing an excellent job. This issue continues Frank and Rachel Alves’ war against the mysterious syndicate. I will say that the only detriment to Rucka’s rather hands-off approach is that the villains of the book are still a little too underdeveloped, I have no idea what they are or what they want. It was interesting to get another little wrinkle in that they aren’t all ex-members of evil societies, the guy with the natty goatee is ex-SHIELD. The final scene was a masterpiece in how Rucka leaves things unsaid, with both the reader and Mr. Goatee think that it’s Frank being attacked, but it’s Rachel and Frank is sneaking up on everyone unawares, silent but deadly.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand