Advertisement

Punisher #6 (Fruit of the Black Bean Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Punisher #6 (Fruit of the Black Bean Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 pm

I was kind of iffy of the double-artist duty on this issue, I mean, I like both Southworth and Matt Clark, but their styles don’t really mesh. That was until the final page where Frank and Rachel Alves met, and both artists drew on the same page, that was a really cool moment. The rest of this issue was pretty much an action sequence, you knew what was coming, you knew what Frank was going to do with those sausages, it was just waiting for it all to play out. One thing I love about this book is how much it respects the reader, Rucka leaves a lot unsaid and doesn’t over-explain, that’s a quality that’s very rare in comics these days. I do wish he’d get on with explaining the villains already though, I want to know what their deal is, we know they are ex-Hydra and other stuff, but what is their plans? Do they have anything to do with the group in last week’s Daredevil? We all know how good it is when Frank and DD meet! No love lost. Oh yeah, Frank’s snow-suit was lame, but also awesome, get that action figure at your local comic store!

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Punisher #6 (Fruit of the Black Bean Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm

so far i haven't been a fan of Rucka's Punisher. Then again I haven't been a fan of the character since his early days, with the exception of Jason Aarons MAX series.

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:28 pm

MistaT wrote:so far i haven't been a fan of Rucka's Punisher.

The first issue was fantastic, and it sold me on the series. Since then, it's been a slow ride downhill.

The worst thing about this series is that Rucka isn't even attempting to conclude any of these plots. We're six issues in, and not a single thing from the opener has had any resolution. Next issue sounds like it will be a side story fill-in, so at the very least we won't get resolution until issue eight -- and that's wishful thinking. BULLSHIT.

The only reason that I haven't dropped the book already is because I really like Marco Checchetto's artwork. Sadly, though, it's wasted on a slow-moving, boring title.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 pm

I love this book. I like it even more than PunisherMAX, actually.

Rucka is a perfect fit for this book. It is almost Gotham Central-ish. The focus of the book is more the cops and the investiations, rather than Frank who is always just lurking on the fringes of the story.

And Rucka has managed to make a Punisher book set in the 616 not suck, by making it feel closer in tone to Ennis' MAX run than something like Fraction's War Journal.

This is a top 5 book for me right now.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand