Advertisement

Punisher Max #18 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Punisher Max #18 *Spoilers*

Postby Zechs » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:16 am

This issue felt a bit all over the place for me. It was good but I felt it could have been better if certain scenes were put elsewhere. Like Frank going to town on the underworld first. THEN the opening scene last. I mean still the shock of Bullseye's fate shocked me. But more so that Frank just had to put a bullet in his head even though there was no chance he come out of his coma.

I'm still not too sure with Max Elektra though. She seems too much like her old self and the only new add-ons are she's a triple crosser. I guess I'm spoiled with the delicious insanity that was Max Bullseye. A darn shame we'll never get a round two, but Lester will always creep under Frank's skin since he won. Frank still isn't the same after that fight.

I'm still wondering how Fisk will die. Will Frank be the one to end it or will Vanessa's scheme be the end of Wilson? Regardless that's some Nicky Cavella style balls Frank's descending too digging up Richard's grave.

Still, that moment didn't shock me like the opening with Bullseye. Again I feel that should have been the end.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Punisher Max #18 *Spoilers*

Postby MistaT » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:47 am

I was fine with it being the opening scene. I think Aaron just wanted to say before we do anything else let's put this to bed and move on. I don't think it would have worked at the end of the story.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm

MistaT wrote:I was fine with it being the opening scene. I think Aaron just wanted to say before we do anything else let's put this to bed and move on. I don't think it would have worked at the end of the story.

I dunno it just felt like that was the best scene in the book for me and Frank's latter deeds couldn't compare.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 13 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm loving this book. I read the first two story lines in a single sitting. Fantastic. I loved that he just walked into the hospital at the beginning of the issue and shot Bullseye in the head.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Brilliant stuff, as usual, Aaron is writing not only a definitive Punisher story here, but also a definitive Kingpin story. I loved the opening scene with Frank killing Bullseye, even though the guy is going to be paralysed for life, Frank has no mercy, just blows his damn head off, and the way Steve Dillon drew Bullseye’s smiling face… just amazing. I also liked how Aaron is amping up the pressure on the Kingpin, and the involvement of this new MAX Elektra is fascinating, she’s fucking both Kingpin and the Kingpin’s wife and I’m still not sure what side she’s on. I can’t wait to see her try and take down the Punisher, as she inevitably will after Frank resorts to digging up Richard Fisk’s grave. That is a hardcore move from Frank.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand