Advertisement

Punisher Max #22

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 139 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Punisher Max #22

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Wow what an issue and end.

Aaron ties up every loose end. The final end was just perfect. I don't want to say anything else then just buy this issue. And.. I want my damn Aaron Punisher Max Omnibus Marvel!

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 59 posts

Re: Punisher Max #22

Postby The Bass » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:09 pm

You know, my cousin and I both get this book, and last month we speculated on how Frank would get out of the mess he was in, and I suggested Nick Fury. I swore loudly when I opened the issue. Amazing stuff.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 pm

THE best Punisher story EVER.

xshane666x
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Postby xshane666x » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:19 pm

What a fantastic issue and conclusion. I voted it as issue of the week.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Awesome series and a great issue to wrap it all up. Fury rocking that flame thrower was epic.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 169 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:39 am

The end of Punisher MAX.

Man, it feels weird to see this happen. Always assumed this would be done by Garth Ennis after he started this era...but damn, Aaron ended it in a truly epic story.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 am

Oh by the way was anyone surprised Elektra was still alive in this issue? I really thought Frank had finished her off.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Wow, I can’t believe they actually did it. The Punisher is dead, I know it looked grim at the end of #21, but this is comics, there’s always a way out. But I had forgotten that this was MAX and Jason Aaron, the normal rules do not apply. With Frank dead, the focus of this epilogue issue was Nick Fury who gives Frank the funeral he probably doesn’t really deserve, and we see how his War wasn’t meaningless at all as he spurs on the general populace to fight back against crime. That ending may seem to be a positive one, but it’s troubling me, Frank’s death has basically led to a violent uprising against the state. It would be interesting to see Aaron follow that story up, but it’s probably a bit too similar to what Bendis is doing with Scarlet. I really hope that this is the last we see of MAX Punisher, after what Ennis and now Aaron have done, I doubt it can be bettered. Let the Marvel Universe have its PG-13 Frank, that should be enough.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Zechs wrote:Oh by the way was anyone surprised Elektra was still alive in this issue? I really thought Frank had finished her off.

I kind of was, but when you think about it, does it matter? Part of her mythos includes her out for death. It's kind of like killing Hawkman; pointless in the end, since she'll just be brought back.

I'm also surprised that Frank could give her a fight. He's never fared that well with her in the past.

But this was one kick-ass series, just about the best I've read since maybe JSA vs. Kobra. I want the trades...

Definitive Frank.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Punchy wrote:Wow, I can’t believe they actually did it. The Punisher is dead, I know it looked grim at the end of #21, but this is comics, there’s always a way out. But I had forgotten that this was MAX and Jason Aaron, the normal rules do not apply. With Frank dead, the focus of this epilogue issue was Nick Fury who gives Frank the funeral he probably doesn’t really deserve, and we see how his War wasn’t meaningless at all as he spurs on the general populace to fight back against crime. That ending may seem to be a positive one, but it’s troubling me, Frank’s death has basically led to a violent uprising against the state. It would be interesting to see Aaron follow that story up, but it’s probably a bit too similar to what Bendis is doing with Scarlet. I really hope that this is the last we see of MAX Punisher, after what Ennis and now Aaron have done, I doubt it can be bettered. Let the Marvel Universe have its PG-13 Frank, that should be enough.

I agree, there are some stories that shouldn't have follow-ups. And this is one.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Punchy wrote:Wow, I can’t believe they actually did it. The Punisher is dead, I know it looked grim at the end of #21, but this is comics, there’s always a way out. But I had forgotten that this was MAX and Jason Aaron, the normal rules do not apply. With Frank dead, the focus of this epilogue issue was Nick Fury who gives Frank the funeral he probably doesn’t really deserve, and we see how his War wasn’t meaningless at all as he spurs on the general populace to fight back against crime. That ending may seem to be a positive one, but it’s troubling me, Frank’s death has basically led to a violent uprising against the state. It would be interesting to see Aaron follow that story up, but it’s probably a bit too similar to what Bendis is doing with Scarlet. I really hope that this is the last we see of MAX Punisher, after what Ennis and now Aaron have done, I doubt it can be bettered. Let the Marvel Universe have its PG-13 Frank, that should be enough.

I think that it's the perfect ending. The only thing that I have an issue with it is that if it was vigilantes like the ones that popped up in Ennis's early Punisher MK work. Were they wanted to team up with Frank and he killed them all either because they were enjoying it or poorly planning attacks getting innocents caught in the crossfire.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I saw these guys as more like all the people in V masks at the end of V for Vendetta, standing up for themselves in their shitty neighbourhoods.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand