Advertisement

Punisher #12 (The dead don't get music Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Punisher #12 (The dead don't get music Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:52 am

Another excellent issue of Rucka’s Punisher, I just love the atmosphere of this title, it really does remind me of Gotham Central, the dark underbelly of a superhero universe. Most of Rucka’s plotlines get an update with this issue, we see Ozzy and Bolt looking for Rachel, Norah Winters returns (and how cool was it to see Phil Urich appear, and for Rucka to play it straight and not even mention he’s Hobgoblin, that’s a great representation of how this book works, all the crazy stuff up in the skies is irrelevant when it comes to Punisher’s war) and we get the reunion of Frank and Rachel. I loved the scene where Frank talks her back around, it’s probably the most he’s said so far in the book, and he makes it count. It’s chilling to get Rucka’s take on why he does this, because he sees himself as already dead, he’s dead, so he doesn’t have anything except the war. I’m very worried about Rachel, she burns that photo, so it seems like she’s permanently a Punisher, but does she really have the heart? Marco Checchetto’s art was once again brilliant, that silent fight in the rain was top stuff.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand