Advertisement

Punisher #14 (Thwip Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Punisher #14 (Thwip Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:05 am

After what feels like longer than it should have been, The Punisher returns with the final assault on Stephanie Gerard and The Exchange. This was a very enjoyable issue, with both sides attempting to outwit each other, and of course, in the end, Frank Castle won. I do wonder just how he managed to bust in the window, was the bullet we saw in close-up some kind of tank-buster or something? I’m not a bullet expert. But any quibbles I had with that were ended by the awesome sight of the Punisher swinging into the room on a stolen web-shooter, that’s a classic moment of the Marvel Universe sneaking in to a grounded book, and it’s the kind of thing I love. In the end, Rachel Cole-Alves kills Gerard, and she has her revenge. So where does she go now? Will she stick around as ‘Punisher-Girl’? And just how do the events of this issue set us up for War Zone? The next two issues are going to be very exciting. Mico Suayan’s artwork was fantastic once again, he reminds me a little bit of an alternately reality JH Williams III who uses normal panel layouts instead of going crazy.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Punisher #14 (Thwip Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:27 pm

I really didn't like the idea of another Lady Punisher as the first one from the 90's failed so miserably, but Rucka has done a great job of building the character and it is high time that Frank retired.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 61 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm not usually a Punisher in the proper Marvel U fan, but Rucka is kicking all kinds of ass on this!

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:40 pm

i'm not a Punisher fan at all, but i've LOVED what Rucka has done with this series.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand