Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Queen Elizabeth II Gets a DC Comics Reboot on Canadian Money

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:17 pm

The iconic monarch gets a new costume without her trademark red underpanties.

Source: Robot 6

At the Toronto Fan Expo today, the Royal Canadian Mint revealed the design for some new coins today, sending many Canadians into an uproar over the Jim Lee redesign of their beloved monarch, the Queen of England. Wait, what? Why do Canadians have the Queen of England on their money? Nevermind, I don't care. In any case, here's the new $100 coin, showing off Queen Elizabeth's new look:

"That's not the Queen Elizabeth I grew up with!" complained lifelong British monarchy fan Wright Bland. "I'm never using Canadian money ever again!" Bland reportedly stuck to his guns for a record 45 minutes before extreme hunger pangs forced him to give up and purchase a Crunchie bar from a local vending machine.

Despite fan outcry, the RCM is refusing to back down, pointing out that this is actually a commemorative coin featuring Superman, not regular money which still features the Queen, and that anyway there are three other coins that show Superman in his old costume. At press time, protestors were undeterred, and one notable Canadian money fan site, TheOothosers.com, was reportedly planning to set up a single use website called Has The Royal Canadian Mint Done Something Stupid Today to track future publicity clusterfucks from the beleaguered institution.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

RottenArsenal

Bron-Yur Stomper

Postby RottenArsenal » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Jude Terror. He writes funny ass stuff. Always a good read.

And he doesn't call his readers assholes. That's a excellent bonus.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:36 pm

I must be slacking. The readers are assholes!

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:28 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I must be slacking. The readers are assholes!

"Comic Book Readers are Assholes" is your new headline. Get on it, slut.

Kurosawa

cheese

Postby Kurosawa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:47 pm

This one:

Is based on the cover of the first Superman comic I ever bought.

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:03 am

RottenArsenal wrote:And he doesn't call his readers assholes. That's a excellent bonus.

The gossip queen in me wants to know which Outhouse writer called RottenArsenal an asshole.

As for the Canadian coin, it does seem odd that Canada would grab onto Superman for commemorative coins! I guess Siegel and Schuster growing up in Ohio (?) is close enough?

But! Given our fifteen years and running commemorative quarter series, I could see the US mint going with a Justice League theme. Well, maybe the Injustice Lords. That might be more of our style. But, never-the-less...

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:09 am

PS. a fifteen Canadian dollar coin?

Between that and China's half-cent bills (literal Monopoly money--the bills are also smaller than regular sized yuan bills).

I'm waiting for $100,000 coins just so I can follow the wives of corporate barons around on shopping sprees and watch for dropped change.

"Did I drop that? Oh, well, the American tax payers can pick it up! They're always so good about lending us a helping hand!"

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:05 am

TimH wrote:
The gossip queen in me wants to know which Outhouse writer called RottenArsenal an asshole.

As for the Canadian coin, it does seem odd that Canada would grab onto Superman for commemorative coins! I guess Siegel and Schuster growing up in Ohio (?) is close enough?

But! Given our fifteen years and running commemorative quarter series, I could see the US mint going with a Justice League theme. Well, maybe the Injustice Lords. That might be more of our style. But, never-the-less...

One of them was born in Toronto.

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 am

Canada has money? Even that collectible stuff? I thought they just bartered with maple syrup and moose heads... :?

Well, and Burger King hamburgers...

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Mmmm. Burger King Mushroom & Swiss Burger :smt007

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:29 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
One of them was born in Toronto.

Yep, Shuster, there was an interview with him back in the 90s in the Toronto Star in which he admitted that Metropolis was originally based on Toronto. That's why the Daily Planet was originally the Daily Star. The Daily Star building was even drawn to look like the Toronto Star Building. As a child, before his family moved to Ohio, Shuster worked as a paperboy for the Star.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:03 pm

What a loonie idea

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Wasting metal coins by putting Nuperman on them??!!

Blame Canada!! BLAME CANADA!!!!! :smt011

The Shadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby The Shadow » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:55 pm

I shall get the classic coins.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:28 am

You notice, Stephen Day didn't refute the claim of Canada not having money.

leave a comment with facebook