Wednesday, November 14, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

As DC Races To Erase Batdicks From DC Universe, Dick Grayson Becomes Ric Grayson

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:41 am

As DC Races To Erase Batdicks From DC Universe, Dick Grayson Becomes Ric Grayson

Rick was too close to Dick apparently.

Source: Comics Beat

In DC Comics' rush to erase all signs of Batpenis from the DC Universe, stemming from Batman hanging dong in Batman: Damned #1, it seems that even Nightwing is getting the shaft.

First shared in an exclusive preview with approved PR outlet Comics Beat, Nightwing #51 sees a rebirth of sorts for Dick Grayson, as he boldly announces that his name is now Ric Grayson.

nightwing6.png

Nightwing #51, out today, is written by Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza, with art by Garry Brown and Travis Moore.

Seems like DC is taking this removal of Dicks from Batman a little too seriously.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:13 am

Ugh. Just ugh.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 am

Reset the counter

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:59 am

Dare to be stupid, DC. :roll:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Ric! Mark Kent says "Hi!" :lol:

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 am

Once he gets his memory back (and you know he will) he'll probably keep the Ric name because I hear the name 'Dick' has some kind of negative connotation.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:58 am

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:34 am

Bianco wrote:Reset the counter

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 am

Amoebas wrote:Once he gets his memory back (and you know he will) he'll probably keep the Ric name because I hear the name 'Dick' has some kind of negative connotation.

You mean like in the 70s when they changed Bruce Banner's name to David on the TV show

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 am

Well, if they'd change it to Rich Grayson, he'd sound like a band leader from the 1940's.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 am

To be the Batman, you have to beat the Batman! WHOOOOOOO!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:32 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:To be the Batman, you have to beat the Batman! WHOOOOOOO!

Well I guess at one point he would qualify as a jet flyin, limousine ridin, kiss stealin, Wheelin dealin, son of a guy who hates guns

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Bianco wrote:
You mean like in the 70s when they changed Bruce Banner's name to David on the TV show

David is a much better name than Bruce. It is in fact the perfect male name. Bar none.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 pm

You two just made the list. The list of....Bane!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:11 pm

achilles wrote:
David is a much better name than Bruce. It is in fact the perfect male name. Bar none.

As a personal fan myself I can't argue with that

leave a comment with facebook