Advertisement

5.2 Reasons Not to Fire Dan Didio

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 841 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Re: 5.2 Reasons Not to Fire Dan Didio

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:33 pm

It's a shame, he is a relly nice guy and he really loves comics. Thing is, it's how he "loves" comics... It's wrong. It's like how chap "loves" kids, just wrong.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 961 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:35 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:It's a shame, he is a relly nice guy and he really loves comics. Thing is, it's how he "loves" comics... It's wrong. It's like how chap "loves" kids, just wrong.

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

SporkBot
cheese

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Stalzer2002 wrote:To be fair to Lobdell though, he does have a quality that is very attractive to Didio and Harras: he's a spineless sycophant who will do what he's told and not have any of those pesky ideas that actual professional writers have. He's really their ideal employee.

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Ouch. What did Lobdell ever do to you?

That's a rhetorical question, right?

Selena Mead
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 196 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: 5.2 Reasons Not to Fire Dan Didio

Postby Selena Mead » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 pm

DC needs to get rid of all the management. DC has destroyed themselves and pushed away fans. It's time for a new team to come in and return DC to the New Earth storylines that they forced to end in 2010! Bad move!

achilles likes this post.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 400 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Although I think that DC does seem to be in the process of slowly self-destructing, I don't think you can say that they have already destroyed themselves and pushed fans away. Their sales are fairly strong -- no, not where they were right when New 52 launched, but about where they were a couple of years before that. Perennially second to Marvel, but still selling fairly well. It's hard to look at sales numbers and argue that they have "pushed away fans." They've pushed away people like us -- but clearly tens of thousands of people are out there scarfing up 3D covers and Forever Evils.

I think this will be short-lived, and that in the long run this whole run that DC is having right now is going to be seen as the beginning of a decline. But in terms of sales the effects have not been felt yet.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:25 pm

I do agree with the first point here as even if they got rid of Didio they would replace him with someone much worst like Harras obviously. DC's internal problems started before Didio came as he's just the end-result of another line of bad decisions made at that company as someone made the decision to hire him. The real blame lies within the higher ups at WB and DC as they have no clue what to do with their characters except Batman who is their be-all, end-all franchise-wise. Does anyone notice that Diane Nelson and co have kept Didio on this long due to the fact that they believe he's doing a good job and don't care how many mishaps have happened under his tenure as long as they keep making money off of DC. I am all for getting rid of Didio but I don't believe that his departure will mean things will get better there.

jarthurradley likes this post.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Hey even Lobdell has his limits with Harras as editor on X-Men. Remember he left the books since Harras nixed his Zero Tolerance ending. Then after pretty much setting the stage for Morrison with that X-Men four-parter he disappeared for ten or more years. ...........

I'm beginning to see WHY he's VERY accepting of these editorial mandates.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

CyclopsWasRight
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Postby CyclopsWasRight » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 am

We might end up with an Anti-Didio, and all DC characters are married to each other like some vast, super-powered Mormon army, and euthanasia clinics will help Harley kill herself first time in a really, really unsexy way. On the bright side, no more 1994-era gimmicky 3D covers and their best selling comic (at least digitally) wouldn't be a videogame tie-in to a re-skinned Mortal Kombat.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 am

CyclopsWasRight wrote:We might end up with an Anti-Didio, and all DC characters are married to each other like some vast, super-powered Mormon army, and euthanasia clinics will help Harley kill herself first time in a really, really unsexy way. On the bright side, no more 1994-era gimmicky 3D covers and their best selling comic (at least digitally) wouldn't be a videogame tie-in to a re-skinned Mortal Kombat.

We couldn't get that lucky, I'm afraid.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 234 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:15 am

What DC needs is someone like Joe Quesada to come in with an eye that is both commercial and creative, in order to properly revitalise the line.

Kalisto
luchadore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Kalisto » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:08 am

I don't exactly mind Didio as much as Harras, keep Didio or whatever but get rid of Bob H.

As for reboot, well DCU might not be coming back but I wouldn't mind another reboot that would combine the best of DCU and New 52. Because some stuff is just an atrocity. They were able to retcon Stormwatch mid-run nicely, now I just want Teen Titans to go away. Really really hate what they did to the whole legacy of Teen Titans/Titans/Young Justice. But that's pretty much my main gripe, the sidekick butchering.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:24 am

I just listen to an older episode of Kevin smith's fatman on batman podcast with didio as a guest and I had no idea Didio didn't have any expericne with comics before he came to DC
that seems really odd to me

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 961 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 am

eltopo wrote:I just listen to an older episode of Kevin smith's fatman on batman podcast with didio as a guest and I had no idea Didio didn't have any expericne with comics before he came to DC
that seems really odd to me

Does it still seem odd in retrospect? :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:32 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Does it still seem odd in retrospect? :P

hahah oh yeah that's right
DC

Belle Tain-Summer
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 196 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: 5.2 Reasons Not to Fire Dan Didio

Postby Belle Tain-Summer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 am

Yeah. I do want to see a 90s style implosion. Because that is the only way this day-by-day fuck up can be fixed. It needs to be driven to implosion, cleared down to the ground, the wreckage trucked away, and then rebuilt from scratch again. The only way to get a competent guy at the helm is to let these incompetent asses blow it all up.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand