Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

If DC Reboots Captain Carrot as a Cheap Rocket Raccoon Knockoff in a Book No One Cares About, Does Anyone Notice?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Herald wrote:All part of the idiotic, Marvelized Elseworlds that is the DCnU.

This is the garbage you're supporting, guys.
Consider your purchases more carefully.

If it were anything like Marvel, I'd be reading more than 1 title from them.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:16 pm

chap22 wrote:fuck Giffen.

fuck Didio.

fuck DCnU.

and fuck Hab preemptively for his sure-to-be-forthcoming "Giffen did more for Captain Carrot's popularity than Roy Thomas ever did" bullshit :roll:

just when i thought nothing done to the Zoo Crew could be worse than the hatchet job Johns pulled on them back in his Teen Titans run... :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

Meh, nobody really cares.

No one with any taste anyway....

Hab

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Why would someone imitate a book that flopped?

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
If it were anything like Marvel, I'd be reading more than 1 title from them.

Superman's gone the way of Peter "Can't be married no more!" Parker.
The Justice League has been remade as a bunch of squabbling jerks in the Mighty Marvel Manner.
The DCnU heroes get to be "Hated and feared by a world they've sworn to protect!"

And oh yeah: This thread is about Captain Carrot becoming a Rocket Raccoon clone.

Dan and the Gang have made it clear where they'd RATHER be working.

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!

DC you scamps!

:lol:

Seriously what the fuck is next for DC? Kamandi as a Mad Max shotgun toting badass?

The Metal Men as a 80's Hair Band?

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!

DC you scamps!

:lol:

Seriously what the fuck is next for DC? Kamandi as a Mad Max shotgun toting badass?

The Metal Men as a 80's Hair Band?

With licks as slick as Mercury, they first went Gold, then went Platinum, but could they hide the greatest secret of all? Their lead singer had a Tin ear.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Chesscub wrote:
With licks as slick as Mercury, they first went Gold, then went Platinum, but could they hide the greatest secret of all? Their lead singer had a Tin ear.

Oh, bravo, sir. Bravo. :lol:

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Herald wrote:
Superman's gone the way of Peter "Can't be married no more!" Parker.
The Justice League has been remade as a bunch of squabbling jerks in the Mighty Marvel Manner.
The DCnU heroes get to be "Hated and feared by a world they've sworn to protect!"

And oh yeah: This thread is about Captain Carrot becoming a Rocket Raccoon clone.

Dan and the Gang have made it clear where they'd RATHER be working.

I should have reworded that, "If they successfully imitated Marvel, I'd be reading more than 1 title from them."

I'm agreeing with you that their books have been shitty!

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Chesscub wrote:

My hats off to you sir. :smt005

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Chesscub wrote:

:band

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm

You youngsters may not know this but back in 1969 the Metal Men did have human guises for a while. Tina was a model and a film star 8)

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:43 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
I should have reworded that, "If they successfully imitated Marvel, I'd be reading more than 1 title from them."

I'm agreeing with you that their books have been shitty!

Cool! :-D

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:You youngsters may not know this but back in 1969 the Metal Men did have human guises for a while. Tina was a model and a film star 8)

I've seen it before. 8)
Most wouldn't want to, though...

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:28 pm

And here I was thinking that skinny Amanda Waller and Nick Fury's bastard child showing up and looking like his Ultimate counterpart were stupid ideas. However, I was proven wrong when I read what this post was about. Can Dan and company come off what they were smoking when this idea made it past the planning stage?

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:55 pm

You just wait. Captain K'Rot will be the next Wolverine!

leave a comment with facebook