Advertisement

If DC Reboots Captain Carrot as a Cheap Rocket Raccoon Knockoff in a Book No One Cares About, Does Anyone Notice?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 6 posts

Re: If DC Reboots Captain Carrot as a Cheap Rocket Raccoon K

Postby Draco x » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Log-Man wrote:You just wait. Captain K'Rot will be the next Wolverine!

Just like Starfire will be the next Emma Frost as almost everyone in the DC Universe has slept with her by now you mean?

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 38 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm

draco x wrote:Just like Starfire will be the next Emma Frost as almost everyone in the DC Universe has slept with her by now you mean?

Let me start by saying that I mean no disrespect here.

As much as I hate Starfire's new personality, I really have to wonder if you are as upset about the amount of women that characters like Dick Grayson, Clint Barton, Matt Murdock, etc. have slept with as you are about the number of men Emma Frost has been with. Seriously man, I get that you don't like the character but you seem to bring up Emma's sexual history a lot.
ImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Chesscub wrote:
Well, the Marvel Star Wars lasted 107 issues, 3 annuals and a mini-series. Marvel would love to have a success like that. :D

How long it lasted doesn't mean it was memorable. It had a lengthy run but comics in general tended to have longer runs back then, and it had the Star Wars name.

Chesscub wrote:Maybe Keith can make Yankee Poodle into a French cosmonaut dog.

If she was French, then she'd be a spacetionauts :roll:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
:P

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Grayson wrote:
Let me start by saying that I mean no disrespect here.

As much as I hate Starfire's new personality, I really have to wonder if you are as upset about the amount of women that characters like Dick Grayson, Clint Barton, Matt Murdock, etc. have slept with as you are about the number of men Emma Frost has been with. Seriously man, I get that you don't like the character but you seem to bring up Emma's sexual history a lot.

First off, I have never been a fan of the character from the get-go as my dislike of Emma stems from her being a stuck-up, self-absorbed, manipulative and amoral bitch- not so much the fact that she's a skank in all fairness. Plus, I have no idea what Morrisson was thinking when he paired her up with Cyclops who could do so much better than her-I mean if he's going to cheat on his wife of several years at least do it with someone more up to his standards.
If you prefer me to poke fun of the male whores of comic-dom then I can do so in some other threads if it makes you feel more comfortable.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 13 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:52 am

I've never read the Nu Red Hood title. I've seen Internet chatter about Starfire being more of a .. sexual ... being but has it actually been said in the book that she's been banging lots of guys ?
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I've never read the Nu Red Hood title. I've seen Internet chatter about Starfire being more of a .. sexual ... being but has it actually been said in the book that she's been banging lots of guys ?

Not really. The Red Hood busts Roy Harper out of prison and then later after "meeting" Roy, Starfire basically asks him if he wants to have sex because she is bored and he is there and then they do. Jason and Roy have a discussion about Kori where it is implied that she has worked with Roy in the past when they were a team with Dick Grayson (who she also was intimate with but doesn't remember) and several of the other members of the DCU Teen Titans but that she has absolutely no memory of this. They then explain that Kori is still/was in love with Dick Grayson, she even keeps his old costumes in her ship but she doesn't really remember much about it because it was in the past and Kori only retains memories of humans if they are in her present.

At this point, since the story began Kori has only had sex with Roy Harper and they are even in somewhat of a relationship. What upsets most of her fans, was the way we were introduced to her character and the explanation about her memories regarding characters she is supposed to have loved and/or been friends with at some point.
ImageImageImage

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Grayson wrote:
Not really. The Red Hood busts Roy Harper out of prison and then later after "meeting" Roy, Starfire basically asks him if he wants to have sex because she is bored and he is there and then they do. Jason and Roy have a discussion about Kori where it is implied that she has worked with Roy in the past when they were a team with Dick Grayson (who she also was intimate with but doesn't remember) and several of the other members of the DCU Teen Titans but that she has absolutely no memory of this. They then explain that Kori is still/was in love with Dick Grayson, she even keeps his old costumes in her ship but she doesn't really remember much about it because it was in the past and Kori only retains memories of humans if they are in her present.

At this point, since the story began Kori has only had sex with Roy Harper and they are even in somewhat of a relationship. What upsets most of her fans, was the way we were introduced to her character and the explanation about her memories regarding characters she is supposed to have loved and/or been friends with at some point.

You forgot that:

- Jason also claimed to have slept with her.

- Lobdell's "Kori" sees humans as nothing more than a jumble of sights and smells, not as clear entities. It's kinda hard to be any meaning to sex when that's all your partner is to you. On that note...

- Lobdell's "Kori" mentions that she attaches no passion whatsoever to sex.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/redhood1page_02.jpg

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm

For all the love Annihilation gets on these boards, I'm surprised by the ball busting Giffen is getting here.

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:26 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:For all the love Annihilation gets on these boards, I'm surprised by the ball busting Giffen is getting here.

As far as I know, Annihilation didn't annihilate established characterization and history.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Scott Shaw! wrote:“As long as it’s not really Captain Carrot, I don’t care. If anything, I’m kinda amused by their rather lame attempt to fit an ‘edgy’ funny animal into the ‘New 52′ universe. Somehow, it reminds me of Warner Bros. Animation’s terrible LOONATICS UNLEASHED SatAM cartoon series. Where’s Ch’p, Thunderbunny, Jaxxon, Bucky O’Hare, Rocket Raccoon and Howard the Duck when we need ‘em?”

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... tain-krot/

Also: Image

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I’m kinda amused by their rather lame attempt to fit an ‘edgy’ funny animal into the ‘New 52′ universe.

good for you, Scott. i just wish i could find the same "amusement" in their lameness.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Scott Shaw! wrote:“As long as it’s not really Captain Carrot, I don’t care. If anything, I’m kinda amused by their rather lame attempt to fit an ‘edgy’ funny animal into the ‘New 52′ universe. Somehow, it reminds me of Warner Bros. Animation’s terrible LOONATICS UNLEASHED SatAM cartoon series. Where’s Ch’p, Thunderbunny, Jaxxon, Bucky O’Hare, Rocket Raccoon and Howard the Duck when we need ‘em?”

To be fair, you should have seen this coming when Geoff had you make Alley-Cat Abra kill Little Cheese, even if that turned out to be a fake. And then they had you destroy the Zoo Crew's world and turn them into realistic animals in the regular DCU. I STILL don't know why you volunteered for THAT much.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:20 pm

draco x wrote:First off, I have never been a fan of the character from the get-go as my dislike of Emma stems from her being a stuck-up, self-absorbed, manipulative and amoral bitch- not so much the fact that she's a skank in all fairness.

Fair enough, I was just commenting because it seems like whenever I see you comment on something that has to do with Emma Frost, you always seem to bring up this idea that you have where you think that she has slept with everyone in the Marvel Universe. So I was just wondering if there was more to your hatred of the character than simply her sexual history.

Plus, I have no idea what Morrisson was thinking when he paired her up with Cyclops who could do so much better than her

I would assume that Morrison probably had originally planned to kill Jean at the end of his run while working on his run, he noticed a natural progression of two characters who were slowly drifting apart and two very different characters who were coming together as a result. Personally, I really liked some of the ideas and concepts that Morrison introduced during his run. I really wish that editorial would have allowed more of his work to stick around but I was glad that they allowed the Scott and Emma relationship to last as long as it did. It really helped to develop her character because while she was still the cold hearted bitch that everyone was familiar with, we were allowed to see another side of her when she was with Scott. I am extremely disappointed that it is ending because I feel that Bendis will just turn her back into what she was before Scott...or worse, turn her back into a villain while Scott travels down the road to redemption.

I mean if he's going to cheat on his wife of several years at least do it with someone more up to his standards.

Jean full on made out with Wolverine prior to anything that Scott and Emma did...so I don't really know that you can complain about Scott and his standards, especially when you consider the fact that Wolverine is basically a "Take what you can get" type of guy.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Grayson wrote:
Fair enough, I was just commenting because it seems like whenever I see you comment on something that has to do with Emma Frost, you always seem to bring up this idea that you have where you think that she has slept with everyone in the Marvel Universe. So I was just wondering if there was more to your hatred of the character than simply her sexual history.

I would assume that Morrison probably had originally planned to kill Jean at the end of his run while working on his run, he noticed a natural progression of two characters who were slowly drifting apart and two very different characters who were coming together as a result. Personally, I really liked some of the ideas and concepts that Morrison introduced during his run. I really wish that editorial would have allowed more of his work to stick around but I was glad that they allowed the Scott and Emma relationship to last as long as it did. It really helped to develop her character because while she was still the cold hearted bitch that everyone was familiar with, we were allowed to see another side of her when she was with Scott. I am extremely disappointed that it is ending because I feel that Bendis will just turn her back into what she was before Scott...or worse, turn her back into a villain while Scott travels down the road to redemption.

Jean full on made out with Wolverine prior to anything that Scott and Emma did...so I don't really know that you can complain about Scott and his standards, especially when you consider the fact that Wolverine is basically a "Take what you can get" type of guy.

-Although I don't like Emma at all, she is the premiere slut of Marvel( Apart from Namor, Wolverine, etc) and I can't help but make fun of that when I get the chance. If Paris Hilton had brains and mutant powers she would be Emma. There are some characters that are meant to be made fun of such as Emma, the Phil Urich Hobgoblin or even Guy Gardner over at DC.
-I do agree with what you said about Bendis as I honestly have no interest in whatever he writes, so I will be skipping this book. As for Emma and Scott breaking up, this is the Quesada era of Marvel and we all know what happens to relationships and marriages.
-The difference between Jean and Wolverine making out is that it was basically a quick fling whereas Scott actually entered into a relationship with Emma, so that's much worst if you ask me. If Scott had just banged Emma and kept it moving that wouldn't be so bad( As most of the Marvel Universe already had their shot at her). If they were to pair Scott up with someone other than Jean there were way better choices, such as Psylocke who he flirted with briefly in the 90s, Collen Wing, Carol Danvers, Jean's equally boring counterpart Storm or heck even Kitty Pryde would have been better. I mean Scott has a bad enough reputation as a douchebag already but don't make it worst by making it seem he has low standards. It's like putting a boring actor like Robert Pattison with Kim Kardashian and expecting that relationship to have a good ending.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:15 pm

draco x wrote:
-Although I don't like Emma at all, she is the premiere slut of Marvel( Apart from Namor, Wolverine, etc) and I can't help but make fun of that when I get the chance. If Paris Hilton had brains and mutant powers she would be Emma. There are some characters that are meant to be made fun of such as Emma, the Phil Urich Hobgoblin or even Guy Gardner over at DC.
-I do agree with what you said about Bendis as I honestly have no interest in whatever he writes, so I will be skipping this book. As for Emma and Scott breaking up, this is the Quesada era of Marvel and we all know what happens to relationships and marriages.
-The difference between Jean and Wolverine making out is that it was basically a quick fling whereas Scott actually entered into a relationship with Emma, so that's much worst if you ask me. If Scott had just banged Emma and kept it moving that wouldn't be so bad( As most of the Marvel Universe already had their shot at her). If they were to pair Scott up with someone other than Jean there were way better choices, such as Psylocke who he flirted with briefly in the 90s, Collen Wing, Carol Danvers, Jean's equally boring counterpart Storm or heck even Kitty Pryde would have been better. I mean Scott has a bad enough reputation as a douchebag already but don't make it worst by making it seem he has low standards. It's like putting a boring actor like Robert Pattison with Kim Kardashian and expecting that relationship to have a good ending.

would have been super hard for Morrison to pair Psylocke with Scott, since at the time Psylocke was kind of dead..

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand