Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Releases Script for Harley Quinn Contest, Internet Outraged

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Kyle MacCárthaigh

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Kyle MacCárthaigh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:43 pm

The biggest problem I have with this is that DC chose to run this contest WHEN WORLDWIDE SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY IS SEPTEMBER 10. All of next week is Suicide Prevention Week. Good looking out, DC.

Also, Palmiotti's response WAS on facebook and he DID take it down. Several people, myself included, were pointing out exactly how it was a horrible idea and then how the Looney Toons argument didn't hold water. (Case in point: Elmer shooting Daffy isn't the same as Daffy getting depressed and turning the shotgun on himself. It's like saying a sex scene and a rape scene are the same thing.)

DC's going to do what they're going to do. They're going to think what they're going to think. The only way to combat bad speech is with good speech, so I'm putting up $50 in a different contest. http://contestedharley.tumblr.com

Ashe P. Samuels

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Ashe P. Samuels » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Shaun Rodriguez This sure is a lot of words for, "People should do whatever they want free of criticism or analysis, including me."

The only reason your words are ever seen or heard is because your hot opinions take up half the thread.

Ashe P. Samuels

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Ashe P. Samuels » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Some people are fine with being the scum of the earth as long as they can reassure themselves they're not 'liberal politically correct thought policing hippies'.

Justin Adams

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Justin Adams » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Something stronger then that I'm afraid... greed.

Craig Turner

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Craig Turner » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:50 am

Ashe P. Samuels Lies. Those people aren't self-aware enough to realize they're the scum of the earth.

Craig Turner

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Craig Turner » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:52 am

Shaun Rodriguez How dumb do you have to be to repeat yourself three times before you start to feel like you're repeating yourself?

Walt Thompson

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Walt Thompson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:59 am

I, too am tired of the complaining internet. I complain about all the complainers on the internet on the internet all the time!

Mark Chiddicks

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Mark Chiddicks » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Who gets to decide that its world ANYTHING day? There's no official international body with oversight over suicide, I don't choose to recognised some other person's tokenism so its not world anything day for me, I do not recognise the self-appointed moral authority involved here.

Mark Chiddicks

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Mark Chiddicks » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:14 pm

No, its not suicide. Its a cartoon, and the character doesn't die.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 am

FBtron wrote:Who gets to decide that its world ANYTHING day? There's no official international body with oversight over suicide, I don't choose to recognised some other person's tokenism so its not world anything day for me, I do not recognise the self-appointed moral authority involved here.

Edwin Latorre

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Edwin Latorre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:08 am

Mark Chiddicks Up until context came out, no one knew that. Do you expect people to know that this was a joke by Harley about what the writers were doing? And your entire point stinks of gross insensitivity to the feelings of others

Edwin Latorre

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Edwin Latorre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 am

It was kind of like Chris-Chan's random access humor

Edwin Latorre

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Edwin Latorre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 am

HOW DARE PEOPLE FEEL ANGRY ABOUT A THING!!! PEOPLE SHOULD BE FREE TO DRAW WHAT THEY WANT AND ACT HOWEVER THEY LIKE WITHOUT OTHER PEOPLE GETTING UPSET. I'M AN ARTIST AND I DON'T LIKE HAVING TO CARE ABOUT WHAT MAKES PEOPLE ANGRY, HRRRRNGH

Edwin Latorre

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Edwin Latorre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 am

You forgot cynicism and corportate apathy

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Gotta admit, I love this :D :smt026

http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/art/Qui ... -399525619

leave a comment with facebook