Advertisement

Reposting hysterical Tumblr reactions to Avengers Arena

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Reposting hysterical Tumblr reactions to Avengers Arena

Postby Zechs » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 pm

doombug wrote:pretty sure she's still undead alive. :lol:

t just so happens that your Jubilee is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 202 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:i remember that and no he did not.

Someone like you, maybe even you, tried to make him having a username of Jubilee an issue and he said the same thing he said to you now: that its a name he stuck with and he honestly hasn't tracked the character in ages.

And that constitutes "Twigg talk[ing] about Jubilee at all", thus fulfilling the criterion Doombug mentioned.

TRY to keep up. :roll:

Then the other guy tried to make an even bigger issue of him ever being a Jubilee fan and Twigg said he was young back then etc etc while the other guy refused to concede defeat in such a stupid argument.

Sound familiar?

Sounds like YOU don't remember ALL of the story. Or, more to the point, you choose to only tell a misrepresentation of it in order to mislead people. And THAT is a familiar sound from you.

Here's the FULL story:

Twigg was on CBR, heckling people for liking teenage female characters like Cass Cain and Steph Brown. I jumped in and pointed out his hypocrisy of saying that while liking a teenage female character like Jubilee so much that he NAMED himself that on this board. And that's when he went into his backstory about his love of Jubilee blossoming, while claiming that he's gotten over her.

I've said it back when all that happened, and I'll say it again: If he wants to prove himself SLIGHTLY less of a blatant hypocrite, he'd dump the name "Jubilee". God knows he's got previous names like "Twigglet" and "Always Right" to revert to, and a world of new possibilities besides those. His continuing to go by "Jubilee" is a clear indication that he still likes the character, despite all his bleating to the contrary. Apparently, he's unfamiliar with the phrase "Actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than words." :roll:

Therefore, any time "Jubilee" here whines about someone else in the manner he did earlier in the thread, I fully intend to remind him that he's nothing more than the pot meeting the kettle.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 159 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Can you read? He was heckling grown adults who froth at the mouth at the thought of teenage fictional characters. Justifiably so IMO.

We all here know he created his first username, Jubilee, when he was in his mid-teens on rama. So he used it over there when trolling cass/steph fans.....does that prove some sort of undying affection for the Jubilee character on his part?

Yet you've somehow extrapolated that he's still Jubilee's biggest fan to this day due to that.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Can you read? He was heckling grown adults who froth at the mouth at the thought of teenage fictional characters. Justifiably so IMO.

Can you understand?? People are allowed to be fans of fictional characters, and get annoyed about their misuse, no matter how old said characters are. Moreover, if there's ANY place in which it's perfectly viable to express such feelings, it's a comic book message board that was created specifically for that purpose, like CBR or the Outhouse.

"Jubilee" here goes on comic book message boards like CBR and the Outhouse to talk about fictional characters, and even sports a teenage character's name on this board... yet he doesn't notice the hypocrisy of him coming down on other people for doing the same sort of thing?? It's PATHETIC. And I'm going to remind him of it every time he tries such a stunt.

We all here know he created his first username, Jubilee, when he was in his mid-teens on rama.

Which doesn't mean he's required to use that name NOW. He actively CHOOSES to use it now, and that demonstrates that he still likes the character enough to sport that appellation.

So he used it over there when trolling cass/steph fans.....

WRONG AGAIN.

He did NOT use the "Jubilee" name over there; he was going by "Twigglet". I had to mention to the CBR posters that he was going by "Jubilee" here, in order to demonstrate his hypocrisy.

I can read.
I can also remember accurately.
Apparently, YOU can't do either one. :roll:

That said, I'm glad you called what he did "trolling", because a Troll is all he was in this instance: "A malcontent that posts messages specifically designed to enrage, confuse, and/or infuriate as many people as possible."

Idiotic, annoying chiding of people, for no better purpose than to cause trouble. And decrying the very sort of thing HE gladly indulges in: love of a teenage fictional character.

does that prove some sort of undying affection for the Jubilee character on his part?

Yet you've somehow extrapolated that he's still Jubilee's biggest fan to this day due to that.

Again: He's still going by "Jubilee" here, despite a plethora of names he could be using. If he had all that disinterest and apathy for the character that he CLAIMS to have, he'd have picked a different handle to use well before now. But he hasn't the last several times I've brought this hypocrisy up, and I'm betting that he won't at any time in the near future.

"Actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than words."

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 159 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:27 pm

you're trying way too hard herald.

and yes, that is another way of saying i can't be fucked replying to that bullshit.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:you're trying way too hard herald.

and yes, that is another way of saying i can't be fucked replying to that bullshit.

You (and Doombug) had no real argument to begin with. :roll:
Bye.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Is Jubilee on one of the new X-Men teams?

And if not, has twigg sent breakfast foods to any Marvel executives or declared any days or movements in her name?

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Black Jumbo wrote:Is Jubilee on one of the new X-Men teams?

And if not, has twigg sent breakfast foods to any Marvel executives or declared any days or movements in her name?

No and no. :lol:

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:34 pm

doombug wrote:No and no. :lol:

NOT YET. :P

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 426 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 pm

I may be mistaken, but he obsessed over Jubilee back at the oldrama when he was just a teenager.

Is he even 20 yet?

A teen obsessing over a teen fictional character is okay, because teenagers are stupid.

A grown man obsessing over a fictional teen character is somewhat creepy.

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

I was 13 maybe even 14 when I chose my newsarama/ComiX-fan username. I hadn't ever used a forum before and didn't want anything that could help people find out my real name. I chose Jubilee as she was my favorite character from the X-men tv show, at this point I'd never even read a comic and joined ComiX-fan for recomendations.

I've never

a) Obsessed over her
b) Wanked over her
c) Cried over treatment of her

So I'm almost completely different to Herald in every way.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Jubilee wrote:I've never

a) Obsessed over her

Suuuuuure you're not. Which is why you SPECIFICALLY decided to come back to the name of this character, despite other previous names you've used and could still be using, plus a world of other names you could be using. :roll:

Pull the other leg; I like them both to be the same length.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 426 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

It could be referring to any number of meanings, such as:

(n.) A season of general joy.
(n.) The joyful commemoration held on the fiftieth anniversary of any event; as, the jubilee of Queen Victoria's reign; the jubilee of the American Board of Missions.
(n.) A state of joy or exultation.
(n.) A church solemnity or ceremony celebrated at Rome, at stated intervals, originally of one hundred years, but latterly of twenty-five; a plenary and extraordinary indulgence grated by the sovereign pontiff to the universal church. One invariable condition of granting this indulgence is the confession of sins and receiving of the eucharist.
(n.) Every fiftieth year, being the year following the completion of each seventh sabbath of years, at which time all the slaves of Hebrew blood were liberated, and all lands which had been alienated during the whole period reverted to their former owners.
() One celebrated upon the completion of sixty, or, according to some, seventy-five, years from the beginning of the thing commemorated.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:It could be referring to any number of meanings, such as:

(n.) A season of general joy.
(n.) The joyful commemoration held on the fiftieth anniversary of any event; as, the jubilee of Queen Victoria's reign; the jubilee of the American Board of Missions.
(n.) A state of joy or exultation.
(n.) A church solemnity or ceremony celebrated at Rome, at stated intervals, originally of one hundred years, but latterly of twenty-five; a plenary and extraordinary indulgence grated by the sovereign pontiff to the universal church. One invariable condition of granting this indulgence is the confession of sins and receiving of the eucharist.
(n.) Every fiftieth year, being the year following the completion of each seventh sabbath of years, at which time all the slaves of Hebrew blood were liberated, and all lands which had been alienated during the whole period reverted to their former owners.
() One celebrated upon the completion of sixty, or, according to some, seventy-five, years from the beginning of the thing commemorated.

:drunk I've missed you Bubba.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:38 pm

NO
NO
NONONO
NO NO NONO
NONONONOO
METTLE BABY WHY
AND RIGHT IN FRONT OF JENNY
WHO’S ALSO GOING TO DIE
I’M NOT OKAY
I’LL NEVER BE OKAY

As someone who isn’t even a fan of Avengers Academy, I just looked at the leaked pages of Avengers Arena and wow. Just wow. I had to like stare out of the window and try to calm my breathing. For those of you trying to say this is a great thing because of stuff like the Hunger Games… I can tell you, you’re all very wrong. There is no purpose to this book. None. It’s disgusting. I don’t think I’ve ever been so disturbed by a comic death before.

WHY

Well, I think that we can all agree after Avengers Arena #1 that male characters can, in fact, be fridged.

If Nico’s asleep why is her staff out?

Do these guys even know these characters?

—-

NICO WAS FUCKING STANDING THERE THE ENTIRE TIME.

SHE COULD HAVE LITERALLY SAID FUCKING ANYTHING.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand