Advertisement

Review: Action Comics #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Review: Action Comics #3

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:00 am

mrorangesoda wrote:On economic topics. This issue made me pretty mad about the 3.99 price tag considering that back matter was some bull shit that they've already posted online. I read this and 2 at the same time, but this was a little more annoying considering we got to see some awesome Gene Ha art next to the rushed Rags Morales (et al) which continues to drop in quality from issue one. I'm a Morrison fan-boy and I'm enjoying his Action run so far, but it's not the best book of the relaunch or IMO an equal trade for Batman Inc. If it was all Gene Ha or somebody else amazing or if Rags Morales had the time to really bring it, I may be less wary about continuing to buy this series in floppy full price form. Next month has Fialkov on the Steel back-up, so that's good news.

I'm trade-waiting this because of the $4 cover price, even with the coming back-up stories by JHF.

And before anyone says anything, I don't care whether or not the cost of the trade is more than the single issue cover prices, I'm not gonna pay full price for the trade.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 128 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 am

mrorangesoda wrote:On economic topics. This issue made me pretty mad about the 3.99 price tag considering that back matter was some bull shit that they've already posted online. I read this and 2 at the same time, but this was a little more annoying considering we got to see some awesome Gene Ha art next to the rushed Rags Morales (et al) which continues to drop in quality from issue one. I'm a Morrison fan-boy and I'm enjoying his Action run so far, but it's not the best book of the relaunch or IMO an equal trade for Batman Inc. If it was all Gene Ha or somebody else amazing or if Rags Morales had the time to really bring it, I may be less wary about continuing to buy this series in floppy full price form. Next month has Fialkov on the Steel back-up, so that's good news.

There are points with the ridiculously unnatural dialogue that make me wonder if Morrison's writing it to spite DC for f :evil: :evil: king up his Batman story.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 333 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Another enjoyable issue ! :smt023
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand