Advertisement

Review: Age of Apocalypse #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Depowered Jean and Creed are brilliant. This isn't a book about mutants, and there's not really much more you can say with them as mutants that hasn't been covered in the previous AoA stuff.

Makes sense and likely better for the characters now that they are on a human rebel group.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Review: Age of Apocalypse #1

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Holland Oats wrote:Depowered Jean and Creed are brilliant. This isn't a book about mutants, and there's not really much more you can say with them as mutants that hasn't been covered in the previous AoA stuff.

Makes sense and likely better for the characters now that they are on a human rebel group.

I still don't like it. A noble and heroic, fully powered Sabretooth joining forces with a band of rebels battling against a Celestial-powered evil Wolverine is more interesting to me than a powerless Sabretooth attempting to fit in with a group of human rebels. I understand that this book is supposed to be about the group of humans that are fighting against the mutants but it wouldn't hurt their cause to have one or two mutants on their side. Then again, like I said, I hate depowered stories. :smt102
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 521 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 pm

But really there wasn't much more they could do with AoA Jean, besides go the obvious route she went in the normal universe. Its gonna be interesting to see someone who COULD have stopped logan with her powers (she did have the phoenix force) but now she can't.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:16 am

While understanding why Remender and Lapham chose that route, I confess I lost interest in the spin-off book the moment they were depowered as well.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:22 am

I was sold in the concept before we even knew that Jean or Creed would be on the team, when all we had was that pic of the human members. So it makes no difference to me.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:35 am

Holland Oats wrote:I was sold in the concept before we even knew that Jean or Creed would be on the team, when all we had was that pic of the human members. So it makes no difference to me.

Yeah, I will stick with the book because I am interested in seeing what becomes of the actual human members of the resistance. AoA Sabretooth was just the icing on the cake for me. Although, I really would have preferred that they would have stuck him in jail or had him off running other missions off panel instead of depowering him.

nattygreene
Whale Castrato

Liked in: 0 post

Postby nattygreene » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:36 am

Sakie wrote:
I am really hoping that since the AoA Wanda was simply a clone, that her powers are only temporary. This is mainly because I HATE depowered stories and because I have really liked AoA Sabretooth since I was a kid. Also, I refuse that Wanda (let alone a clone) is more powerful than the damn Phoenix.

Agree 100%

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:15 pm

I never was much interested anyway, but a part of that interest was seeing an alternate Jean Grey w/ Phoenix in action.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand