Advertisement

Review: Batman #658

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts

Review: Batman #658

Postby LOLtron » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:57 am

Title: Batman #658Writer: Grant MorrisonArtist: Andy KubertPublisher: DCReviewed by the Review Bitches, Tony (DeadFett) Mourlot and TrachmanTony (DeadFett) Mourlot: This issue brings the conclusion of Grant Morrison’s and Andy Kubert’s arc of Batman and Son. In this arc, they introduced us to Batman’s son who was concieved with Talia Al-Guhl during the Son of the [...]
ImageTitle: Batman #658
Writer: Grant Morrison
Artist: Andy Kubert
Publisher: DC

Reviewed by the Review Bitches, Tony (DeadFett) Mourlot and Trachman

Tony (DeadFett) Mourlot: This issue brings the conclusion of Grant Morrison’s and Andy Kubert’s arc of Batman and Son. In this arc, they introduced us to Batman’s son who was concieved with Talia Al-Guhl during the Son of the Demon graphic novel. What did you think of this issue, Trachman?

Trachman: I enjoyed it very much. The spirit of the arc stayed true to Son Of The Demon, the Al-Guhl’s are crazy. I really enjoyed it, and I am so glad that Morrison decided to revisit this storyline. The whole concept was a great idea. Andy Kubert’s art was superb, he really blew me away with this issue. I’d even go as far to say it’s better than his Ultimate X-Men work. What you think of the issue, Fett?

Tony: Unlike you, I didn’t enjoy this arc very much. Although, this was probably the best issue of the arc. I agree that it was nice to see Son of the Demon revisited but I just couldn’t stand Damian or the ninja man-bats. It didn’t make much sense to me that Batman would take Damian with him. I wouldn’t trust the kid with me if he just tried killing my sidekick. I did enjoy Morisson’s portrayal of Talia’s twisted logic. I know Damian and Talia aren’t dead but I wish we had heard the last of Damian.

I’ve always enjoyed Andy Kubert’s art and I agree he was at the top of his game here. His characters looked great, especially Talia. The action scenes were well done and easy to follow. Despite my dislike of the man-bats, the page layouts and spreads of them attacking Gibraltar were fantastic. I just wish Andy was drawing the next issue with the Joker.

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2006-11-13 10:57:37

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand