Advertisement

Review for Cable and Deadpool #36

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 205 posts

Review for Cable and Deadpool #36

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Title: Cable and Deadpool #36Writer: Fabian NiciezaPenciler: Reilly BrownPublisher: MarvelReviewed by John Lewis and Tony MourlotTony Mourlot: *SPOILERS* For Blind Al. This issue picks up on Cable’s humiliation of Deadpool in their Civil War crossover. We get an appearance from my favorite geriactric this side of Bea Arthur, Blind Al. It was cool seeing her [...]
Title: Cable and Deadpool #36
Writer: Fabian Nicieza
Penciler: Reilly Brown
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony Mourlot

Tony Mourlot: *SPOILERS* For Blind Al. This issue picks up on Cable’s humiliation of Deadpool in their Civil War crossover. We get an appearance from my favorite geriactric this side of Bea Arthur, Blind Al. It was cool seeing her show up. I wish they would explore the plot thread that Joe Kelly left about her. I thought the story here was good but not great.

Deadpool is out to prove he’s still a viable mercenary by beating up Taskmaster while he’s handcuffed in front of a bunch of possible employers. We learn, that, despite his idiocy, Deadpool is a very skilled fighter. He’s just very unprofessional in the way he handles his work. I didn’t like the part where Taskmaster admitted that Deadpool was able to beat him. Just seemed out of character to me. I liked the issue for the most part. It had some funny moments but not nearly as funny as previous issues. Nicieza writes a good Deadpool but seeing Al and Weasel makes me realize how much I miss Joe Kelly’s writing. What did you think of the story Captain Crackhead?

John Lewis: I thought it was pretty good. Like you said, it was a pretty good issue but there is better issues out there. Concerning Taskmaster, I actually thought it was in-character as Tasky knows ‘Pool’s missing all the marbles from his marble bag so it doesn’t matter what he says.

I think my favorite part was when a general said that if he loses, Deadpool’s an idiot and Weasel replies by saying he’s an idiot if he wins or loses. Such faith from his friends…

Art-wise, Brown’s good. Not great but not bad. What did you think of the art, Lord Manacled Pussy?

Tony Mourlot: I don’t have a problem with Brown’s art. It’s good but not great. His layouts and backgrounds are good. However, seeing the great cover by Zircher made me realize how much I miss him drawing Deadpool. Brown’s characters are good enough though. Anything else to add Baron Butt Muncher?

John Lewis: Nope, I’m good.

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-01-22 20:14:31

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand