Advertisement

Review for Justice League of America #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 232 posts

Review for Justice League of America #4

Postby LOLtron » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:14 pm

Title: Justice League of America #4Writer: Brad MeltzerPenciler: Ed BenesPublisher: DCReviewed by L’Indépendant and Tony MourlotTony Mourlot: This is the fourth issue of Brad Meltzer and Ed Benes’s relaunch of Justice League of America. The Red Tornado has given up his robot body in favor of a human one. However, unknown to him, an unseen [...]

Title: Justice League of America #4

Writer: Brad Meltzer

Penciler: Ed Benes

Publisher: DC

Reviewed by L’Indépendant and Tony Mourlot

Tony Mourlot: This is the fourth issue of Brad Meltzer and Ed Benes’s relaunch of Justice League of America. The Red Tornado has given up his robot body in favor of a human one. However, unknown to him, an unseen villain has plans for the android form he’s left behind. What are your thoughts on this latest installment of the opening arc, In the Tornado’s Path?

L’Indépendant: This is a great popcorn read. It doesn’t have the emotions that Identity Crisis had, so people should be wary of trying to compare it to Meltzer’s former work. What did you think?

Tony Mourlot: I enjoyed it. I think you’re right about calling it a popcorn read though. And for a title like this, it works. Big name heroes should be involved in big time action. The build up has been a little slow but Meltzer has delivered on a good read. He’s assembled an odd mix of b-listers along with the a-listers but the chemistry between the characters has been great. I really like the reveal of Solomon Grundy at the end. I was genuinely surprised by it. I have a feeling, though, that there’s an even bigger villain behind it. What did you think of the art?

L’Indépendant: Benes’ work felt rushed on this issue. I’m not sure what it was, but it didn’t feel like the previous issues. You?

Tony Mourlot: I agree with you. It definitely felt rushed. I don’t know if it’s becasue he’s trying to make or deadline or not. But, honestly, I wouldn’t mind a delay if the art was the same as his usual quality. It was still a good effort but just not what I usually expect from him. Anything else you’d like to add?

L’Indépendant: Yeah - it’s good to see the evolution of our now-revealed villain.

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3292&sid=5ce602ce278268fb35aea9f521c08afa“>Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2006-12-21 02:14:18

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/reviews/comics-reviews/1914-review-for-justice-league-of-america-4.html/

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand