Advertisement

Review for New Avengers #27

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Review for New Avengers #27

Postby LOLtron » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:03 pm

Title: New Avengers #27Writer: Brian Michael BendisPenciler: Leinil YuPublisher: MarvelReviewed by John Lewis and Tony MourlotJohn Lewis:SPOILERS for dimestore ninjas!! In this issue, we find out what Ronin/ Echo is up to, watch her as she fights Elektra, and see Luke Cage check to see if Elektra’s really a man. Old school way. You know, [...]
Title: New Avengers #27
Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Penciler: Leinil Yu
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony Mourlot

John Lewis:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S for dimestore ninjas!! In this issue, we find out what Ronin/ Echo is up to, watch her as she fights Elektra, and see Luke Cage check to see if Elektra’s really a man. Old school way. You know, kick the person in the crotch to see if they start to hurt. Kinda like how they did in the the Salem witch hunt days where they could tell a witch wasn’t one by if they sink and die. I’m rambling, aren’t I?

Annnnyyyyywwwaaayyyyssss, I thought this was a pretty good issue. I didn’t care much for the beginning with just Echo/ Ronin but it was a good start (and the banter during the fight was hillarious) and has potential (like a kick to the nuts).

Also, I’m completely dumbfounded by Ronin. I have no idea who the new one is and my best bets are Kasper Cole, Black Widow, a Ghost Rider-less Danny Ketch, or Blade. Or Little Richard but that’s who I hope is involved with all comic book mysteries. What do you think, Ugly Rebecca?

Tony Mourlot: I really enjoyed the issue. The beginning was a little slow with just Echo but I liked the e-mail she sent Daredevil. One of the things I’ve always liked about Bendis’s New Avengers is the banter between Cage and Spidey. ANd this issue didn’t disappoint. I was glad to see that they were still part of the team post Civil War. I;m also glad that Wolverine and Spider-Woman are still there. I like the addition of Iron Fist but I’m not sure about Dr. Strange. I was really surprised by the amount of action in this book. This was probably the best issue of New Avengers yet. Bendis weaved action and his good dialogue extremely well here. As for Ronin, I hope they don’t drag it out too long. My guess is Nick Fury. What did you think of the art Fugly Freda?
John Lewis: Thought it was pretty good. I’ve seen better art by Yu (Silent Dragon) and worst but, overall, it was pretty good.

Tony Mourlot: I thought the art was good. Yu does a good job of showing the action. I think he’s a good fit for this book especially with the characters involved. He draws a great Wolverine.

Go here to discuss.  Â

Â

Posted originally: 2007-02-12 01:03:08

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand