Advertisement

Review for The Immortal Iron Fist #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 281 posts

Review for The Immortal Iron Fist #3

Postby LOLtron » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:43 pm

Title: The Immortal Iron Fist #3Writers: Matt Fraction and Ed BrubakerPencilers: David Aja Travel Foreman/Derek Fridolfs(1-4) and Russ Heath(12-13)Publisher: MarvelReviewed by John Lewis and Tony MourlotJohn Lewis: SPOILERS for late fuckers!!! In this issue, crazy Chinese dude beats the crap out of the British, Chinese/ Hydra guys do bad little boy things, and Danny Rand [...]
Image Title: The Immortal Iron Fist #3
Writers: Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker
Pencilers: David Aja Travel Foreman/Derek Fridolfs(1-4) and Russ Heath(12-13)
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony Mourlot

John Lewis: S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S for late fuckers!!! In this issue, crazy Chinese dude beats the crap out of the British, Chinese/ Hydra guys do bad little boy things, and Danny Rand tries to hunt down Orson Rand but gets hunted instead. By hooker-bots. Okay, that last piece was false (wicked awesome dream). I thought this issue was really good. I think the Chinese Hydra dude, Davos, is pretty evil yet dead sexy (like Marie Antonette’s corpse) and Orson seems to be a pretty interesting chap too.

Tony Mourlot: Hooker-bots would be cool. I’m really liking the series and this issue was great. Davos is a good villain who is ruthless. I really like that about him. Orson is a good character and I’m anxious to see how he’s using the power of the Iron Fist at the same time Danny is. I really like the flashback scenes. Learning the back story of the previous Iron Fists has been a good edition to the mythos. The book has a good mix of characterization and action. Another great effort from Fraction and Brubaker.

John the Underwear Model: Anyways, what do you think of the art?

Tony “Stacks High School Girls for a Living” Mourlet: SWEET CHRISTMAS!!! The art is great. Aja’s style fits the book well. I like the grittiness for a book like this. How do you feel about the art?

John “I Peed in My Pants Once and Put Them Back on the Sales Rack” Lewis: I think it’s great. I think my only problem is that I wished it was Aja doing all the work as it’s pretty diverse.

Ony-Tay Ourlot- May: Yeah, the flashbacks being done by a different artist is a bit of a distraction. I’d rather see Aja do all of it like you said.

John Lewis a.k.a. Sex-Bot K9: One thing I also really like about this book is Fraction and Brubaker together. I think Bru’s a bit too safe and not weird while sometimes Fraction goes into the territory of being weird with no point but Iron Fist is a perfect mixture.

Tony “Officer, Do These Diapers Make My Ass Look Huge?” Mourlot: I think you can feel both writer’s influence on the book. I think they work well together. Fraction’s off beat writing goes good with Bru’s gritty style. I agree with you that it’s a perfect mixture. I’d like to see them work together on another title.

John “Blewed Himself Too” Lewis: Me too. Howabout Howard the Duck? I think they would be perfect (maybe throw in Ellis for kicks too).

Tony Mourlot a.k.a. John Lewis’ stunt man: That would work. I think they’d be great on Deadpool as well. I’m always up for Ellis. The three of them could write some great stuff.

John “Lea Thompson in Drag” Lewis: And me as a writer tooI’ll dress up for them as Howard.

Tony “I Wish I Pull off Looking Like Howard the Duck” Mourlot: I want pictures of that to post on the site. That way we can all point and laugh at you.

ImageJohn “Owner of www.mourlettingtony.com” Lewis: At least I get to write Deadpool, motherfucker!!! You fuckers can laugh all you want…

Tony “Bats for PETA” Mourlot: DAMMIT!!! I didn’t think of it that way.

John “Pees into Tablets of Prozac” Lewis: No one ever does.

*Johnny Quest theme song starts playing*

John Lewis a.k.a. What? This guy again? Fuck this loser!: Actually, screw that. Quest is stupid.

*Get Smart theme song starts playing*

Tony “Orestolo il Papero” Mourlot: Yeah…I didn’t like Quest. Get Smart is better.

John Lewis a.k.a. Does Anything for Free: Damn right. Maybe Marvel could do a Get Smart series. I’ll write it for free, Marvel.

Tony “Brazilian Wax On, Brazilian Wax Off” Mourlot: Fraction and Bru on Get Smart would be kick ass

John “Humps Flu Particles” Lewis: They would kick your ass too.

Tony “Sniffs Keb’s Panties” Mourlot: Probably. But to see that series it would be worth it.

John “Can Count to Indigo” Lewis: We should start a fundraiser or soemthing for it to happen.

Tony “Boom! Blowjob!” Mourlot: I can put in $.63 right now. We should pitch it to Marvel.

John “Yells Too Much” Lewis: LET’S DO IT!!! YOU HEARING ME, JOEY QUESDILLA, WE WANTS BRU AND FRACTION ON GET SMART!!!

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-03-04 02:43:56

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand