Advertisement

Review for The Mighty Avengers #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 245 posts

Review for The Mighty Avengers #1

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Title: The Mighty Avengers #1Writer: Brian Michael BendisPenciler: Frank ChoPublisher: MarvelReviewed by John Lewis and Tony MourlotJohn Lewis: SPOILERS for BIG BUTTS!!! In this issue, thought balloons make their mighty return (get it?), Ms. Marvel and Iron Man form the team and battle the Mole Man, and Ares gets hired to have hot god-on-god clone [...]
Title: The Mighty Avengers #1
Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Penciler: Frank Cho
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony Mourlot

John Lewis: S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S for BIG BUTTS!!! In this issue, thought balloons make their mighty return (get it?), Ms. Marvel and Iron Man form the team and battle the Mole Man, and Ares gets hired to have hot god-on-god clone sex with Clor. Ahhh baby
I thought this issue was a lot of fun. It was really nice seeing IM and Ms. Marvel figuring out which members would work best and seeing them fight in action. Also, I loved how Ares basically got hired and how cocky Wonder Man looked. What did you think, uhandsome?

Tony Mourlot: I liked the team selection scenes. It reminded me of the recent JLA. It’s an interesting team but I don’t like a couple of the members. I’ve never been a big fan of Ms. Marvel or Wonderman. The issue was fun but falling back on the Mole Man as a villain just seemed cliched to me

John Lewis: Yeah, but it’s the Mole Man, a fat dude who’s probably blind now. Only way it could’ve been better is if they were fighting Red Ghost and his apes.
Â
Tony Mourlot: I thought the scenes where they visit Ares were funny. I was excited for the return of thought balloons. They worked well it some parts but seemed very forced in others. Red Ghost and his Apes would’ve been cool.

John Lewis: Yeah, I agree. I mostly liked when Carol was giving attitude back.

Tony Mourlot: Yeah, those are the ones that bothered me. I did like the end with the appearance of the new Ultron. MEOOOOW!!!

John Lewis: If I ever become a writer at Marvel, I’m going to have Red Ghostactlus and his apes as his heralds.

Tony Mourlot: Quesada should hire you now.

John Lewis: Yeah. Is that the same as putting your dick in a toaster? Damn right.
Â
Tony Mourlot: I think it’s more like sticking your dick in a computer.
Â
John Lewis: Well, I already did that… Anyways…. What did you think of the art?
Â
Tony Mourlot: I knew you would’ve. The art was awesome. I love Cho. Not only do his women look fantastic but so did the monsters. I’d honestly buy the book for his art alone. How about you?

John Lewis: I started to get visions of the Outhouse and binary when my penis was in the slot for files. Even though Cho’s most famous for his ladies, he’s also a great artist on pretty much everything else. His monsters looked great. Iron Man, Ares, and the other two dudes looked great and Wasp had a massive butt.

Tony Mourlot: Agreed. He’s just a great all around artist. I really like Wasp’s ass. I heard Sir Mix-A-Lot playing when I saw it.
Â
John Lewis: Yeah, seriously. More like Wassp (take that, Keb!!!).

Tony Mourlot: Keb has something against Wassp?
Â
John Lewis: No, but he’s just seriously gay for Adam Drucker.
Â
Tony Mourlot: Hell yeah he is!!!

John Lewis: GAY KEB LOVES THE DRUCKER!!!

Tony Mourlot: KEB LOVES DRUCKER’S P3N1S!!!
Â
John Lewis:Â K3B IS TEH GHEY 4 DRUCKR TEH FUCKR!!! K3B JUST DRUCK’D IN HIS PANTS!!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: That sounds gross.

John Lewis: But Keb loves it.

Tony Mourlot: Keb loves Drucker.

John Lewis:: Keb wants to druck Drucker.
Â
Tony Mourlot: In da butt!!!
Â
John Lewis: Damn right!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: BUTT SECKS!!!

John Lewis: DOOMCOCK!

Tony Mourlot: DOOMCOCK IN DA BUTT!!!
Â
John Lewis: DOOMCOCK SECKS!!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: But does Keb have a doomcock?
Â
John Lewis: He’s not a big enough man to.
Â
Tony Mourlot: He’s too emo!!!
Â
John Lewis: And ghey!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: TEH GHEY!!!
Â
John Lewis: BUTT SECKS!!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: we really got off topic there.
Â
John Lewis: Yep
Â
Tony Mourlot: should we put all that in the review?
Â
John Lewis: Yes
Â
Tony Mourlot: AWESOME!!!

John Lewis: BRILLIANT!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: We should make a Guiness commercial.
Â
John Lewis: BRILLIANT!!

Tony Mourlot: Drinking Guiness while reading comics? BRILLIANT!!!
Â
John Lewis: Drinking Guiness while taking a passive piss? BRILLIANT!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: Drinking Guiness while pissing on a hooker? BRILLIANT!!!

John Lewis: Drinking Guiness while getting a Cleveland Steamer performed? BRILLIANT!!

Tony Mourlot: Doing a Dirty Sanchez while drinking Guiness? BRILLIANT!!!
Â
John Lewis: Getting puked on by a trannie? BRILLIANT!!!
Â
Tony Mourlot: You win!!!

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-03-13 02:35:43

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand