Advertisement

Review for Wolverine #50

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Review for Wolverine #50

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:31 pm

Title: Wolverine #50Writer: Jeph LoebPenciler: Simone BianchiPublisher: MarvelReviewed by John Lewis and Tony MourlotJohn Lewis: SPOILERS for someone!!! In this issue, Wolverine and Sabretooth go down memory lane together as they beat the crap out each other. Reminds me of Friday night.I thought the issue was a lot of comme ci, comme ca and left [...]
Title: Wolverine #50
Writer: Jeph Loeb
Penciler: Simone Bianchi
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by John Lewis and Tony Mourlot

John Lewis: S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S for someone!!! In this issue, Wolverine and Sabretooth go down memory lane together as they beat the crap out each other. Reminds me of Friday night.

I thought the issue was a lot of comme ci, comme ca and left it only at okay on the Global Alert System. Also, these two have fought “to the death” so many times, they probably plan these things out (”Okay, Mr. Sabretooth, I will fight you to the death once again this afternoon but only after we have some scones and tea”). Also, I got the black and white variant because I’m bitchin’ like that. What do you think, Agent D?

Tony Mourlot: I thought the story was okay. It was nothing spectacular and definitely had a familiar feeling. And that familiarity was something that kept this book from being great for me. As a reader I’ve seen Wolverine and Sabretooth fight many times. There was nothing here that set this fight apart from any of the other times they’ve tangled. Granted, this time Sabretooth is an X-Man but even that was done somewhat before. Loeb takes us on a trip down memory lane with a flashback of a previous encounter of when Sabretooth murdered Silver Fox. With all of Logan’s memories restored, Loeb has an opportunity to dive into the dynamic of this brutal relationship between old foes. I’m hoping he can do something to make this encounter stand out among so many previous battles. What did you think of the art Special Agent JL?

John Lewis: Silver Fox is hot. That is all.
. Got anything to add, Agent F?

Tony Mourlot: Yeah, she was hot. I liked the art a lot in this issue. I’m very impressed by Simone Bianchi’s work. I enjoyed the stuff I saw him do at DC and was very excited for his run on this title. I love the look his characters have. I just wonder if he’ll be able to keep up with a monthly schedule considering his style. Anything else to add Special Agent MH?

John Lewis: I hope he can, Agent TT.

Go here to discuss.

Posted originally: 2007-01-30 02:31:43

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand