Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group #259: Fantastic Four #587

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 am

Mammon, Fool Breaker wrote:
Namor is lame, QQ antihero... he looks like a wet Legolas.

Aquaman is a real man's man. He had a awesome beard and Viking like hair. At his peak he had a freaking harpoon for an arm! It's not easy for Namor to compete with that...

This might be the most coherent post the Review Group has ever had.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:57 am

Seaguy FTW.

Postby ****** » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:20 am

Aquaman is a real man's man. He had a awesome beard and Viking like hair. At his peak he had a freaking harpoon for an arm! It's not easy for Namor to compete with that...

Didn't he replace the harpoon with a 'magic' water hand? Sure it probably saves on lotion, but it doesn't get much more pansy than a water hand. And his hair wasn't viking, it was Poison road crew circa 1988. PAD's whole run was like a bad Aquanet commercial.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 am

Roger wrote:
Didn't he replace the harpoon with a 'magic' water hand? Sure it probably saves on lotion, but it doesn't get much more pansy than a water hand. And his hair wasn't viking, it was Poison road crew circa 1988. PAD's whole run was like a bad Aquanet commercial.

Ooooooooooooh, burn!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Abe wrote:
I would have pointed out to him earlier that Namor's first appearance was in 1939 and Aquaman didn't show up until 2 years later, but arguing with an Aquaman fan is kind of like telling a dead opossum to get out of the middle of the road.

1939? Why did I think it was later .

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks to my poll it will soon be well documented who the King of the Seas is--with Aquaman currently being beaten by Stingray and tied for last with the likes of "that guy in the Inhumans with fins on his head".

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I didn't get out to the ol' comic shop until today, after all the copies had been sold. Thus, I didn't get my hands on this either.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Abe wrote:
I would have pointed out to him earlier that Namor's first appearance was in 1939 and Aquaman didn't show up until 2 years later, but arguing with an Aquaman fan is kind of like telling a dead opossum to get out of the middle of the road.

:lol:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 pm

He was a freaking leather clad pirate that looked like reject from the Village People. :smt011
:P

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Why did whoever pick FF#587 this week? Secret Warriors #24 is also out and that looks like a much better book. :smt017

Postby ****** » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Dragavon wrote:Why did whoever pick FF#587 this week? Secret Warriors #24 is also out and that looks like a much better book. :smt017

I don't know if you heard, but someone dies in the issue. It's kind of a big deal. :wink:

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Abe wrote:
I don't know if you heard, but someone dies in the issue. It's kind of a big deal. :wink:

Having read the issue, no it's really not. :lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Even for a death issue, it's very ambiguous when the "final" scene comes, for sure. It's so replete with possibilities to weasel out easily, that's one reason (but only one) I say there was so little emotional resonance. I couldn't even convince myself to believe it was a death issue when it gets right down to it.

Postby ****** » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Dragavon wrote:Having read the issue, no it's really not. :lol:

I must have missed the AP running stories on this week's issue of Secret Warriors then.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Abe wrote:
I must have missed the AP running stories on this week's issue of Secret Warriors then.

How long ago did they do this with Captain America? And when did he come back? Yeah, it's only a big deal if you don't read comics.

leave a comment with facebook