Advertisement

Review Group #400 - Retro Reviews!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 61 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: Review Group #400 - Retro Reviews!

Postby GLX » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Some suggestions:

Bloodhound #1
A+X #13
Letter 44 #1

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 pm

The Boys #1

It's been a while since I read this issue. I read it tonight and I remember the feeling of starting a new series by Garth Ennis. Something I hoped would be different than his Punisher Marvel Knights series that put me off him for quite a while. You know what rereading it years later it made me realize how jaded I was giving it a 7 all those years ago. The art by Robertson is superb now as it was then and it's a shame he couldn't draw the whole series but, well DC is a bunch of assholes and well they're still a bunch of assholes just different assholes now. Maybe it's because I was a newly wed when I read this issue years ago but watching Robyn get killed this time and the pain on Hughie's face made a totally different emotional reaction this time. What a great comic and a great series. I will have to eventually reread the whole series but, I have way too much on my have to read for the first time list to make this a priority.

Final reread score? 9.8
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 pm

GLX wrote:Some suggestions:

Bloodhound #1
A+X #13
Letter 44 #1

I wasn't a fan of the Bloodhound stuff in DHP, so I don't want to review that
I'll do Letter 44
with an allowance for Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion due to not all stores having the best selection
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand