Advertisement

Review Group #427 - Justice League United #0

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 646 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Review Group #427 - Justice League United #0

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:32 pm

GLX wrote:It's fine. The only frustration that I get from these threads is when shit gets picked, and no one (including the picker) doesn't review it.

Was this at me? I was just trying to point out the severely heavy Marvel count over the last few weeks and offered suggestions.

If I knew I was actually picking the book I would have bought it the other day instead of waiting for my box o comics (due tomorrow).

Sorry.

Advertisement

AngusH
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby AngusH » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:38 pm

When Lemire writes intimate, character-focused stories, he is one of the best in the biz. When he writes mainstream superhero stuff, he just doesn't seem to have a unique voice IMO and doesn't distinguish himself from the crowd.

JLU #0 gives us a by-the-numbers team-forming comic book. I have no idea why this wasn't a #1 issue, being that it wasn't a self-contained origin story as much as it was, you know, the first issue of an arc, but hey, comics!

I read Lemire's Green Arrow which I find excellent, although I know the criticism from fans is that it's not really Green Arrow. The guy in this issue probably fits the mould better than the solo title does, but the inconsistencies between the two are pretty startling, especially given it's the same writer.

This isn't a bad comic by any means, It's just the not the type of comic that I like to read.

5/10

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:42 pm

OK, so Amoebas has posted here and AngusH posted a review. Along long as this continues, I withdraw my concerns.
Last edited by Stephen Day on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Troy for the sig

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Amoebas wrote:Was this at me? I was just trying to point out the severely heavy Marvel count over the last few weeks and offered suggestions.

If I knew I was actually picking the book I would have bought it the other day instead of waiting for my box o comics (due tomorrow).

Sorry.

It's not.

As long as you review it within the month (barring time/money/personal issues), then I have no beef. Mainly, just participate as long as it's enjoyable.

The only time things involving this thread get tiresome is when it feels like no one wants to pitch in, and that I'm keeping it on life support by just making the threads.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 470 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:35 am

AngusH wrote:
JLU #0 gives us a by-the-numbers team-forming comic book. I have no idea why this wasn't a #1 issue, being that it wasn't a self-contained origin story as much as it was, you know, the first issue of an arc, but hey, comics!

This isn't a bad comic by any means, It's just the not the type of comic that I like to read.

5/10

I pretty much agree with this assessment and score. You about hit the nail on the head here.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 pm

This Wednesday's pick is...

Chew #41

Vegas!

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand