Friday, November 17, 2017 • Evening Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group #449 - Roche Limit #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Sorry, I wasn't able to get a copy of this. I should be up for the next one though.

AngusH

crash test dummy

Postby AngusH » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 am

thefourthman wrote:Nice review. I have not read Nowhere Men, as of yet. Vol 1 is in the pile. From the cover to a few other things, I will save for my review, this is very influenced by Hickman. The back matter works much like the back matter in Watchmen. It is a bit of the history of the world the book is set in and works to tie together some of the disparate threads you mention in the review. The title of the book also speaks to those concerns.

Enjoyed your write up too. Nowhere Men is definitely worth a read, it's just a shame that it feels like about 8 years since the most recent issue came out. Watchmen may have started/popularized the back matter trend, but I think once you read Nowhere Men you'll see how close it is to this book - Watchmen was probably what influenced Nowhere Men, but Nowhere Men was what influenced this IMO.

Definitely agree re: Hickman, too. I don't mind homage at all, as long as the writer is able to put a spin on it so it doesn't come off as derivative fan-fiction.

AngusH

crash test dummy

Postby AngusH » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Anyone go back for #2? Pretty good follow-up issue, really liking where this seems to be going. Again, only comment would be that the art is not great, but it mostly serves its purpose - sometimes I have trouble telling characters apart and need to flick back to verify.

AngusH

crash test dummy

Postby AngusH » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:26 pm

I might be the only person still reading this, but after #3 it feels like it's at the point where it's either about to get very good, or very run-of-the-mill.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Let us know, so I can decide whether or not to keep it in mind when it is collected.

leave a comment with facebook