Advertisement

Review Group Week 166 - STRANGE ADVENTURES OF LOVECRAFT #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:30 pm

thefourthman wrote:it is Rebirth, just like with GL, it is Retcon-centric, that is the name of the game.

Yeah, did Joe Chill exist in the current DCU or not? Iron Man's shrapnel in his heart came from what war again? When was Steve Rogers unfrozen? No idea on any of those right now.

Origins get shifted around and sometimes outright changed, Barry's getting tweaked now isn't anything that doesn't happen in comics all the time.

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:31 pm

King Impulse wrote:and we all know how I felt about that Rebirth (HINT: Hated it)

I thought I was the only one. My eyes are still rolling from the yellow monster thingamajig.

Postby ****** » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:maybe...
although I was just told that Star Trek is what got the comic Industry going... so I think it is definitely a possibility now.

:?

Was he/she wearing a cape?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:34 pm

amlah6 wrote::?

Was he/she wearing a cape?

a back pack, he is coming back tomorrow because he just ate and didn't have the energy to look today... it is probably because I could not discuss the pros and cons of Scott Bakula in Enterprise.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Alex Delarge » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Ok you fuckers need to review this book.

thefourthman, you own a comic shop for godsakes.

Review the goddamn book.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Alex Delarge wrote:Ok you fuckers need to review this book.

thefourthman, you own a comic shop for godsakes.

Review the goddamn book.

if I owned it, I would a. make a little more money and b. it would be a lot more profitable.

Sorry, but I am at work and did too good of a job yesterday, it sold out. I might review it this evening, might not, and it wouldn't matter anyhow... I would just give a score and then have to play the waiting game on when my editors decide my review should see print. :p
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:13 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah, did Joe Chill exist in the current DCU or not? Iron Man's shrapnel in his heart came from what war again? When was Steve Rogers unfrozen? No idea on any of those right now.

Origins get shifted around and sometimes outright changed, Barry's getting tweaked now isn't anything that doesn't happen in comics all the time.

It's not the origin, I get that, it's just the little things that piss me off like the lightning on Barry's chest lighting up when he runs.
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

Postby ****** » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:15 pm

King Impulse wrote:It's not the origin, I get that, it's just the little things that piss me off like the lightning on Barry's chest lighting up when he runs.

I'm guessing the lightning is a thing that's going to be important later.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:29 pm

amlah6 wrote:I'm guessing the lightning is a thing that's going to be important later.

The only reason the lightning on Wally's chest lights up is because Cicada slashed him with his speed force knife and left a lightning shaped scar that acts as Wally's focus to the speed force (and Wally's costume is also composed of speed force, unlike Barry's normal spandex or whatever). There's no reason for Barry's lightning to light up and I know it's the most finnicky of complaints but it's Johns contradicting himself and I'm a massive Flash geek so this pisses me off.

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:38 pm

King Impulse wrote:The only reason the lightning on Wally's chest lights up is because Cicada slashed him with his speed force knife and left a lightning shaped scar that acts as Wally's focus to the speed force (and Wally's costume is also composed of speed force, unlike Barry's normal spandex or whatever).

This sort of stuff is why Rebirth was the first issue i've read of a character/concept i should be a big fan, speed force knife? A guy coming back from the sped force through Barry's chest only to turn to dust because Barry's the new Flash Death, except flashes don't really die they become one with the speed force or whatever the hell happens.

He's the fastest man on earth, less is more with this concept.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:This sort of stuff is why Rebirth was the first issue i've read of a character/concept i should be a big fan, speed force knife? A guy coming back from the sped force through Barry's chest only to turn to dust because Barry's the new Flash Death, except flashes don't really die they become one with the speed force or whatever the hell happens.

He's the fastest man on earth, less is more with this concept.

I fail to see anything confusing about a knife that steals someones speed and gives it to the wielder

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 am

Dammit, people, review the book! :(
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 am

Greg wrote:Dammit, people, review the book! :(

I would if I could, but it's in the hands of the USPS at the moment. :(

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am

expect my score and brief comments tonite.

Punchy

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:01 am

Haven't got my books yet, probably tomorrow morning.

I think for next week I'll pick Ghost Rider, because it's awesome and you all should read it,

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand