Monday, July 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 179 - BLACKEST NIGHT #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:44 pm

thefourthman wrote:Kevin was the story writer, he had the magical link that allowed the babies to return at will according to the mindset of the people, with the rest of the literals gone and the fallacy impotent, deaths may actually mean something going forward.


And he hadn't written anything in centuries so, Boom Roasted.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 pm

thefourthman wrote:If you read more of it, you might see that.


Maybe if the first 3 trades were any good, I would have the desire to read more. Alas...
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Punchy wrote:Blah blah, everyone always says that.


And you read scott pilgrim so really you have nothing to base an opinion on. Also you are Twigglet.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:48 pm

amlah6 wrote:Immortal Weapons #1 - It's going to be an awesome book, but I just picked IIF my pick before last so it feels kind of soonish to do it again.

Nova #27 - I'm leaning towards Nova at the moment mainly because I hate fourthman.

Youngblood #9 - I would love to pick this as I think it would be a lot of fun to review, but I also think a lot of people would just skip it on principal.

G.I. Joe #7 - It took a little while for it to get going, but I like this series a lot and this is the first issue of a new arc. Definitely in my top 3 of potentials.


Narrowing it down to 4.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Punchy wrote:Maybe if the first 3 trades were any good, I would have the desire to read more. Alas...

guitarsmashley wrote:And you read scott pilgrim so really you have nothing to base an opinion on. Also you are Twigglet.


If people actually had souls, I would say that you both lost yours somewhere along the way.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:50 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:And he hadn't written anything in centuries so, Boom Roasted.

doesn't matter, the architect is gone, the rules will indeed change.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:52 pm

amlah6 wrote:Narrowing it down to 4.

I say GI Joe or IMmortal Weapon are the most beneficial to the group. Nova is most beneficial to everyone's hatred of me... Youngblood is only beneficial to those named Liefeld.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:Youngblood is only beneficial to those named Liefeld.


You have to admit, Shaft's hooves in that preview are awesome though.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm

amlah6 wrote:Narrowing it down to 4.


Those all suck. And my soul has been gone for a very long time.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 pm

amlah6 wrote:You have to admit, Shaft's hooves in that preview are awesome though.

It's a Youngblood preview why would I look at it. If you pick Youngblood can we just review the preview?

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:58 pm

amlah6 wrote:Immortal Weapons #1 - It's going to be an awesome book, but I just picked IIF my pick before last so it feels kind of soonish to do it again.

Nova #27 - I'm leaning towards Nova at the moment mainly because I hate fourthman.

Youngblood #9 - I would love to pick this as I think it would be a lot of fun to review, but I also think a lot of people would just skip it on principal.


Down to 3. I forgot we reviewed G.I. Joe #1 so scratch it.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:06 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Those all suck.


You say that about every book that isn't your pick.

Yoni's average score for books picked by others: 5.27
Yoni's average score for books he picked: 7.50
User avatar

Dugan

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:10 pm

amlah6 wrote:Down to 3. I forgot we reviewed G.I. Joe #1 so scratch it.


Nova's mid-story AND mid-event so i feel that would heavily colour people opinion of it's awesomeness (despite the fact the event is also awesome). My vote goes to Immortal Weapons.

And i know i haven't done a review since the group came to the Outhouse and therefore technically have no authority in the matter but that'll change this week as i review Blackest Night and my backlog of other issues you guys have done.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:Nova's mid-story AND mid-event so i feel that would heavily colour people opinion of it's awesomeness (despite the fact the event is also awesome).


I like that Nova isn't the first issue of an arc, the last 4 weeks have been very heavily dependent on setup and I'm bored with that kind of story right now. Plus with it being DnA it should work on it's own without the reader needing to know the whole WoK backstory.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:33 pm

amlah6 wrote:You say that about every book that isn't your pick.

Yoni's average score for books picked by others: 5.27
Yoni's average score for books he picked: 7.50


In the effort of full disclosure (and me avoiding getting any work done this afternoon), my averages are 6.71 / 8.23

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SpaceGhost and 59 guests