Advertisement

Review Group Week 179 - BLACKEST NIGHT #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16176
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:44 pm

thefourthman wrote:Kevin was the story writer, he had the magical link that allowed the babies to return at will according to the mindset of the people, with the rest of the literals gone and the fallacy impotent, deaths may actually mean something going forward.


And he hadn't written anything in centuries so, Boom Roasted.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Advertisement

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 76 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 pm

thefourthman wrote:If you read more of it, you might see that.


Maybe if the first 3 trades were any good, I would have the desire to read more. Alas...

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16176
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Punchy wrote:Blah blah, everyone always says that.


And you read scott pilgrim so really you have nothing to base an opinion on. Also you are Twigglet.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:48 pm

amlah6 wrote:Immortal Weapons #1 - It's going to be an awesome book, but I just picked IIF my pick before last so it feels kind of soonish to do it again.

Nova #27 - I'm leaning towards Nova at the moment mainly because I hate fourthman.

Youngblood #9 - I would love to pick this as I think it would be a lot of fun to review, but I also think a lot of people would just skip it on principal.

G.I. Joe #7 - It took a little while for it to get going, but I like this series a lot and this is the first issue of a new arc. Definitely in my top 3 of potentials.


Narrowing it down to 4.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Punchy wrote:Maybe if the first 3 trades were any good, I would have the desire to read more. Alas...

guitarsmashley wrote:And you read scott pilgrim so really you have nothing to base an opinion on. Also you are Twigglet.


If people actually had souls, I would say that you both lost yours somewhere along the way.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26800
Likes: 156 posts
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:50 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:And he hadn't written anything in centuries so, Boom Roasted.

doesn't matter, the architect is gone, the rules will indeed change.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26800
Likes: 156 posts
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:52 pm

amlah6 wrote:Narrowing it down to 4.

I say GI Joe or IMmortal Weapon are the most beneficial to the group. Nova is most beneficial to everyone's hatred of me... Youngblood is only beneficial to those named Liefeld.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:Youngblood is only beneficial to those named Liefeld.


You have to admit, Shaft's hooves in that preview are awesome though.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16176
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm

amlah6 wrote:Narrowing it down to 4.


Those all suck. And my soul has been gone for a very long time.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26800
Likes: 156 posts
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 pm

amlah6 wrote:You have to admit, Shaft's hooves in that preview are awesome though.

It's a Youngblood preview why would I look at it. If you pick Youngblood can we just review the preview?

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:58 pm

amlah6 wrote:Immortal Weapons #1 - It's going to be an awesome book, but I just picked IIF my pick before last so it feels kind of soonish to do it again.

Nova #27 - I'm leaning towards Nova at the moment mainly because I hate fourthman.

Youngblood #9 - I would love to pick this as I think it would be a lot of fun to review, but I also think a lot of people would just skip it on principal.


Down to 3. I forgot we reviewed G.I. Joe #1 so scratch it.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:06 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Those all suck.


You say that about every book that isn't your pick.

Yoni's average score for books picked by others: 5.27
Yoni's average score for books he picked: 7.50

Dugan
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3668
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: London, England


Postby Dugan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:10 pm

amlah6 wrote:Down to 3. I forgot we reviewed G.I. Joe #1 so scratch it.


Nova's mid-story AND mid-event so i feel that would heavily colour people opinion of it's awesomeness (despite the fact the event is also awesome). My vote goes to Immortal Weapons.

And i know i haven't done a review since the group came to the Outhouse and therefore technically have no authority in the matter but that'll change this week as i review Blackest Night and my backlog of other issues you guys have done.
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:Nova's mid-story AND mid-event so i feel that would heavily colour people opinion of it's awesomeness (despite the fact the event is also awesome).


I like that Nova isn't the first issue of an arc, the last 4 weeks have been very heavily dependent on setup and I'm bored with that kind of story right now. Plus with it being DnA it should work on it's own without the reader needing to know the whole WoK backstory.
Last edited by ****** on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:33 pm

amlah6 wrote:You say that about every book that isn't your pick.

Yoni's average score for books picked by others: 5.27
Yoni's average score for books he picked: 7.50


In the effort of full disclosure (and me avoiding getting any work done this afternoon), my averages are 6.71 / 8.23

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests

Advertisement