Advertisement

Review Group Week 182 - DOOM PATROL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby ****** » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 pm

House of J wrote:Quit trying to blame your innate laziness on other people who took the time to read and not like the book.

I blame my laziness on no one, I've just been busy. Since Doom Patrol was released apart from working almost 30 hours, I've watched the entire new season of Torchwood, read two trades, a volume of manga, and 8 single issues. Being a nerd is time consuming dammit!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:50 pm

thefourthman wrote:NO, he's cool, he just has to be handcuffed to Dematteis for the rest of eternity.

I'll be honest, I was less impressed with the Metal Men pages than a lot of people here.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:51 pm

amlah6 wrote:I blame my laziness on no one, I've just been busy. Since Doom Patrol was released apart from working almost 30 hours, I've watched the entire new season of Torchwood, read two trades, a volume of manga, and 8 single issues. Being a nerd is time consuming dammit!

Torchwood season 3 is less than five hours, stop pretending you watched 24 episodes of television.

Postby ****** » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:51 pm

House of J wrote:First, though, we should vote on the abolishment of Keith Giffen.

Go back and listen to the Word Balloon he did a couple of years ago. Keith Giffen is awesome regardless of this comic (which contrary to my previous post I'm still keeping an open mind about).

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:51 pm

amlah6 wrote:I blame my laziness on no one, I've just been busy. Since Doom Patrol was released apart from working almost 30 hours, I've watched the entire new season of Torchwood, read two trades, a volume of manga, and 8 single issues. Being a nerd is time consuming dammit!

Yeah, it hasn't seemed like you've been around the Newstand much lately. It's been a little slow in general. More people need to post about books they bought outside the Review Thread. Shorties, not Punchies.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:52 pm

House of J wrote:I'll be honest, I was less impressed with the Metal Men pages than a lot of people here.

If I read them in a vacuum away from the DP part, maybe I wouldn't be either, but seeing as how it entertained me, I loved it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:52 pm

amlah6 wrote:Go back and listen to the Word Balloon he did a couple of years ago. Keith Giffen is awesome regardless of this comic (which contrary to my previous post I'm still keeping an open mind about).

stop worrying about an open mind, the main story makes Immomen's Runaways seem like Rulk.

Postby ****** » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:52 pm

thefourthman wrote:Torchwood season 3 is less than five hours, stop pretending you watched 24 episodes of television.

4 hours and 50 minutes or thereabouts. British shows don't fuck around with commercial breaks every 5 minutes like they do here.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:54 pm

amlah6 wrote:Go back and listen to the Word Balloon he did a couple of years ago. Keith Giffen is awesome regardless of this comic (which contrary to my previous post I'm still keeping an open mind about).

[spoiler][youtube=425,344,4Z0h_c9eH-8][/youtube][/spoiler]

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:54 pm

amlah6 wrote:4 hours and 50 minutes or thereabouts. British shows don't fuck around with commercial breaks every 5 minutes like they do here.

4 hours 50 minutes < 5 hours

I didn't say it was a significant amount of time.

I actually think that is how long it took me to read Doom Patrol, I don't know, I kept having to wipe slobber off the book.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 pm

thefourthman wrote:stop worrying about an open mind, the main story makes Immomen's Runaways seem like Rulk.

I was going to argue with you, but I don't read any of that crap.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 pm

thefourthman wrote:If I read them in a vacuum away from the DP part, maybe I wouldn't be either, but seeing as how it entertained me, I loved it.

Eh. Lousy week, maybe my sense of humor was impaired.

Postby ****** » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 am

thefourthman wrote:stop worrying about an open mind, the main story makes Immomen's Runaways seem like Rulk.

Rulk is fun though. There's nothing wrong with stupid as long as it's entertaining.

Immonen's Runaways wishes it was Rulk. I still can't believe...[spoiler]she fucking killed Old Lace. :evil: :evil: :evil: [/spoiler]I'm giving it until the end of the arc, but I almost hope it is canceled so that I don't have to make the decision to drop it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 am

I wish I could just post this as my review on BF:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:03 am

thefourthman wrote:I wish I could just post this as my review on BF:

WOW! Will you scan in all the panels with those little computer boxes? I could actually read that!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand