Advertisement

Review Group Week 182 - DOOM PATROL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:43 am

PS I think your idea at the end is good, I've only been on Jinxworld once, I'll check it out.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:52 am

House of J wrote:I almost always do it too, regardless of the outcome. You just never know. I know you do often, my point being if we all posted a couple eventually after a few weeks it might pay off with brisker traffic, more responses overall.

But I only buy a few books a week, usually. And I know no one else is buying the BOOM! PKD adaptation. Not much to say about that one except, damn this is fantastic!

As to the Reed buff thing, the mantra of the internets is These things never turn out like you expect--but it's all good as long as people are reading and interacting. You might THINK all they are doing is quacking about Reed looking like Tom Strong, but you really have no way of measuring how many people have read the thread and considered the book. In a way, you are like the creator worrying over his audience response, which I know from the related thread that you want comic book writers to just put it out there--you should do the same in your life too. It isn't so different.

Yeah, I just started a thread about Final Crisis Aftermath: Run! too, which I know all the RGers read.

And I don't have that much of a problem with the Reed thread, I am one of the people posting in it after all!

These are this week's bought/thought threads from the Millar and Jinx worlds, they are pretty cool, it could like the old Review Group spin-off thread.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=89608

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=180593

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:12 am

House of J wrote:I almost always do it too, regardless of the outcome. You just never know. I know you do often, my point being if we all posted a couple eventually after a few weeks it might pay off with brisker traffic, more responses overall.

But I only buy a few books a week, usually. And I know no one else is buying the BOOM! PKD adaptation. Not much to say about that one except, damn this is fantastic!

As to the Reed buff thing, the mantra of the internets is These things never turn out like you expect--but it's all good as long as people are reading and interacting. You might THINK all they are doing is quacking about Reed looking like Tom Strong, but you really have no way of measuring how many people have read the thread and considered the book. In a way, you are like the creator worrying over his audience response, which I know from the related thread that you want comic book writers to just put it out there--you should do the same in your life too. It isn't so different.

Hey, I'm reading DADOES!!!!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 am

The Metal Men are the best comics ever.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:13 am

Is there a Metal Men showcase? I need it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:20 am

two volumes and an Archive.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:23 am

thefourthman wrote:two volumes and an Archive.

Excellent.

How awesome are those covers?

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:23 am

amlah6 wrote:I would, but these mopes are making it sound so horrible I'm finding it hard to motivate.

Sometimes ya gotta take one for the team.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 73 posts

Postby MrBlack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:37 am

House of J wrote:Speaking of peg legs, did anyone else catch GOSD calling MrBlack "Rama-trash" in one of the Asylum threads?

Eh, he's an asshat, but he's buddies with everyone so he's essentially untouchable. It was a dustup over him insulting AaronW in the thread about his dying grandmother. Aaron seems cool with the whole thing, so I have no reason to stay involved.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 73 posts

Postby MrBlack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am

Is this thread cross-posted in the Asylum now?

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 am

Punchy wrote:I do that, and hardly anyone posts, like my Ghost Riders thread, people are more interested in complaining about Reed Richards looking buff than actually talking an actual comic.

...if I see a FF teaser thread and click on it and see Mr Olympia dressed as Reed Richards I will say something about it considering I have never seen him drawn that way. It's ok to have an opinion 'ent it?

Punchy wrote:Maybe we should have a weekly Bought/Thought thread like Millarworld and Jinxworld.

I would take part in something like this.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:06 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:...if I see a FF teaser thread and click on it and see Mr Olympia dressed as Reed Richards I will say something about it considering I have never seen him drawn that way. It's ok to have an opinion 'ent it?

I would take part in something like this.

But why don't you have an opinion on Ghost Riders or Run!?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:06 pm

MrBlack wrote:Is this thread cross-posted in the Asylum now?

evidently the entire Newstand is now cross posted. That might pick up the traffic a bit. I'm cool with it as long as the Newstand is not assimilated, I like just keeping it to comics.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Punchy wrote:But why don't you have an opinion on Ghost Riders or Run!?

Because I do not read either of those :-) Yes... I know I should read Ghost Rider, I even enjoyed the ish we reviewed a while back but it is still a character I don't really care for... I usually try to put my 2 cents in on threads about books I read and after just looking at the first page of the Newstand I did not see one book that I read being discussed except this one and War of Kings (which I actually have not read since my shop was shorted, so I am avoiding the spoils) I was gonna start a Cap Reborn thread but didn't...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Because I do not read either of those :-) Yes... I know I should read Ghost Rider, I even enjoyed the ish we reviewed a while back but it is still a character I don't really care for... I usually try to put my 2 cents in on threads about books I read and after just looking at the first page of the Newstand I did not see one book that I read being discussed except this one and War of Kings (which I actually have not read since my shop was shorted, so I am avoiding the spoils) I was gonna start a Cap Reborn thread but didn't...

Start it now! NOW

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand