Advertisement

Review Group Week 189 - WOLVERINE: GIANT SIZE OLD MAN LOGAN

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 27 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 pm

doombug wrote:So after three pages I'm honestly not sure I'm sticking around anymore. Honestly Punchy's over all attitude as well as jay and there constant bickering really, really kills what has made this review group fun for me. To be really blunt about it, I'm sick of the shit.

I enjoy talking about the comics and a good debate but acting like children and burying everyone's reviews under the idiotic drama is not cool.

I'm looking forward to reading this tomorrow, but i'm tired of this constant bullshit spamming the group for pages.

:roll:

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:31 pm

It's more a problem with punchy then you man, it's just you keep adding fuel to the fire and I'm tired of reading through all that bullshit just to find the reviews,

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 pm

Holy balls, no one is allowed to quit gawds dammit! :x :x :x

Now I'm all for a bit of sniping, but it seems like there's a lot of butthurt going around and I don't mean the good buttseks kind of butthurt.

Peace, love and understanding you cunts. We could all do well to step back and maybe respect each other's opinions a bit more and not put so much effort into tearing each other down. Diversity of opinion is a good thing and the Review Group would be boring without it.

Now let's get back to our sweet, sweet love of comics which is the whole point.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:03 am

I'm going to come right out and say it:

Punchy needs to realize that not everyone is going to agree with him on everything and he can't act like his is the only word that matters.

A lot of the argument that I read came off that way.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:49 am

gah what a bunch of bloody twats.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:23 am

House of J wrote:Which opinion, that I should quit the group or quit posting? You didn't have an opinion, you don't even have the book yet, you started in with the "moaning" crap, etc. right away. Of course I dismissed it, but if you thought telling me I should stop posting and the rest of it was going to get you anything but a verbal reaming, you were mistaken.

My opinion on price not being important.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 901 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:54 am

How narrow are the rules of the review group? Are you solely reviewing content or is it the entire experience of reading the comic?

If it is the former, then does that mean one can't comment on the cover art or printing quality? If it is the latter, the purchase price is certainly a contributing factor.

Not to pile up on you, Punchy, but it seems like you have a narrow definition of reviewing a comic. Unless that is the established definition, you're nitpicking other people's opinions.
-

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:57 am

cncoyle wrote:How narrow are the rules of the review group? Are you solely reviewing or is it the entire experience of reading the comic?

If it is the former, then does that mean one can't comment on the cover art or printing quality? If it is the latter, the purchase price is certainly a contributing factor.

Not to pile up on you, Punchy, but it seems like you have a narrow definition of reviewing a comic. Unless that is the established definition, you're nitpicking other people's opinions.

There's no established rules, if you wanted to you could review based solely on lettering, or just on printing. This is just my personal opinion here.

This argument isn't really about that anymore for me, it's about the general priggishness and sense of superiority HoJ (and probably me too) has demonstrated.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 230 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 am

House of J wrote:With knives. Probably.

/strict'd

rusty ones meant for butter.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:00 am

PDH wrote:You can't.

It's hard to see how an argument could be won on the internet where there's no ultimate arbiter to judge who won, anyway. Most people believe they won an argument, regardless of how wrong they were, it doesn't make it so.

This 'argument' consists mostly personal attacks, in any case.

There's am argument?

I thought Punchy and HOJ were making out.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:05 am

guitarsmashley wrote:You should do it more often. It's kind of fun especially when you win. Hell just two weeks ago I got someone so turned around he's barely back to posting anything of actual content.

Hey, you raped me IRL, that isn't like virtual rape!

Of course I am all beside myself, you told me you loved me and then defiled me like an underage brit.
Last edited by thefourthman on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:07 am

Punchy wrote:I haven't been offended by anything intended to insult me, it's water off a duck's back, What I am offended by is HoJ's general attitude here.

I was lied to, this is clearly not a review, can I have my $5 dollars back?
You know what? Fuck this noise. I'm not going to post in this thread until my review, and you can all see how enjoyable it is when pessimism is given free reign to suck all the joy away.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09 am

starlord wrote:maybe (and this is just a suggestion from someone who likes both of you), you all should agree to disagree or whatever it is going to take to be civil with each other (at least in this thread that is here for fun) and realize that neither of you are going to change. So accept each others idiosyncrasies and lighten up. Have fun.

Please.

I am having fun. Shit maybe I should leave the review group...

Countdown to McKegan asking if I am going to respond to every post initiated.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:11 am

Punchy wrote:You dismissed my opinion before I even said anything.

Just because so called 'professional' reviewers take it into account doesn't mean it's good or correct. I personally don't hold much stock in many comics reviews, many are just glorified spoiler rundowns or attempts to be funny while disparaging something or sometimes thoughtless suckjobs of a particular creator. The critical comics community is mostly bullshit, and I think it's things like focusing on pricepoint which have led to this situation.

I'm not saying I'm better, I just try to be.

Alright, now I've been offended. I mean if you were calling names like Tabu or the Best Shots crew that would be one thing, but no, you just lumped me in with that bunch too.

I'm buying a plane ticket right now bitch!
Last edited by thefourthman on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:13 am

doombug wrote:So after three pages I'm honestly not sure I'm sticking around anymore. Honestly Punchy's over all attitude as well as jay and there constant bickering really, really kills what has made this review group fun for me. To be really blunt about it, I'm sick of the shit.

I enjoy talking about the comics and a good debate but acting like children and burying everyone's reviews under the idiotic drama is not cool.

I'm looking forward to reading this tomorrow, but i'm tired of this constant bullshit spamming the group for pages.

Wait, what?

I'm buying a round of midol, pm me everyone's address. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand