Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 189 - WOLVERINE: GIANT SIZE OLD MAN LOGAN

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******

Postby ****** » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:52 pm

Dragavon wrote:So Millar is a good writer because he made you buy six issues without Wolverine killing anyone?

All it means is that he's a good con-man. The only interesting scene of this entire arc was when Mysterio tricked Wolverine.


I hated the Mysterio issue. I felt like not knowing why Wolverine had become a pacifist was more interesting and better left unexplained.
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:56 pm

How does one defenestrate someone from the inside? :?
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:57 pm

amlah6 wrote:I hated the Mysterio issue. I felt like not knowing why Wolverine had become a pacifist was more interesting and better left unexplained.

You've seen this same exact storyline at least a dozen times in various westerns. I felt the Mysterio thing was at least an original idea.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:57 pm

nietoperz wrote:How does one defenestrate someone from the inside? :?


Isn't defenestrate only for Windows?
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Punchy wrote:Isn't defenestrate only for Windows?


Aye - it is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:00 pm

nietoperz wrote:Aye - it is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window.

:oops: meant to say disembowel.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:03 pm

Dragavon wrote:You've seen this same exact storyline at least a dozen times in various westerns. I felt the Mysterio thing was at least an original idea.


The Mysterio thing was pretty much the same thing Mysterio does every time he's in a comic, the only thing different about the OML issue was that it was more brutal than usual.

And it's not like writers don't pull from various influences every time they sit down to write something. To say this is bad because of it is kind of weak. It's a western influenced story, it has western tropes. BFD.
User avatar

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

So She-Hulk was actually in this?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:So She-Hulk was actually in this?


No, it was just some other female Hulk.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:52 pm

Punchy wrote:No, it was just some other female Hulk.


an inbred female hulk.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:56 pm

amlah6 wrote:The Mysterio thing was pretty much the same thing Mysterio does every time he's in a comic, the only thing different about the OML issue was that it was more brutal than usual.

And it's not like writers don't pull from various influences every time they sit down to write something. To say this is bad because of it is kind of weak. It's a western influenced story, it has western tropes. BFD.

Having not read the book yet, he can dislike for what ever reason he wants. I didn't like Open Range because it was just like Unforgiven. I don't see that here really, but it's a valid criticism.

In other words, you sound like Punchy.

So, stfu.
User avatar

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Punchy wrote:No, it was just some other female Hulk.


Thank Gog.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:58 pm

thefourthman wrote:Having not read the book yet, he can dislike for what ever reason he wants. I didn't like Open Range because it was just like Unforgiven. I don't see that here really, but it's a valid criticism.

In other words, you sound like Punchy.

So, stfu.


But Old Man Logan is just like Unforgiven.

Which is why it's awesome.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Punchy wrote:But Old Man Logan is just like Unforgiven.

Which is why it's awesome.

No it has similar tropes. Open Range sucked because it was the exact same story.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

thefourthman wrote:No it has similar tropes. Open Range sucked because it was the exact same story.


Is that the Costner movie? I heard it was good.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 89 guests