Advertisement

Review Group Week 189 - WOLVERINE: GIANT SIZE OLD MAN LOGAN

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 am

starlord wrote:that's pretty much kind of what I thought too. Granted it didn't help that Wolverine, to me, is like Paris Hilton.

You can't turn around without seeing their hairy backs everywhere. :P

Then don't feel bad about it. Feel superior in your knowledge that you are correct.

I mean you are a gay male, you have to have some amount of confidence, right?

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 am

thefourthman wrote:Then don't feel bad about it. Feel superior in your knowledge that you are correct.

I mean you are a gay male, you have to have some amount of confidence, right?

He's not correct though!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:59 am

Punchy wrote:He's not correct though!

You being on the other side of the argument does not help the cause. :P

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:59 am

It took like five seconds to read. The conclusion to the story line happened last issue and to a certain extant, and it reads like fan fic.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:01 am

thefourthman wrote:It took like five seconds to read. The conclusion to the story line happened last issue and to a certain extant, and it reads like fan fic.

It took longer to read if you appreciate the artwork.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:10 am

Punchy wrote:It took longer to read if you appreciate the artwork.

add another 10 seconds for the art since most pages had no more than two panels...

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 am

guitarsmashley wrote:This was a great story, and I can't review the issue on it's own merrits, was it overpriced? Absolutely. Was it worth the wait? Probably not. Was it one of the best wolverine stories ever told? Yes. Overall this was a great story but it definitely suffered from lateness. It was a great story that couldn't have been illustrated any better.

8.8 for cost and wait.

:!:

I missed acknowledging it, but Yoni hit 125 "reviews" on the List:Avengers week. Quantity over quality FTW! :twisted:

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 73 posts

Postby dairydead » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:28 am

I learn something new every day. Quick read = terrible comic. Who'd have thought?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 am

dairydead wrote:I learn something new every day. Quick read = terrible comic. Who'd have thought?

I'm not saying it is terrible because it is quick, although at $5, one could make a case...

It is a whole lot of things that go into it being a less than great comic. It has some pretty art, but the story is non existent, because it was finished last issue, then we wait all these months for MArvel to bend us over and go "yeah, that's the way you like it"... Neither the story nor the art should have taken anywhere near this long.

What's worse then just playing along and not being upset by it, is going "this is fucking great!" and being pissy towards those who say "wait a second, what the fuck?"

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am

thefourthman wrote:I'm not saying it is terrible because it is quick, although at $5, one could make a case...

It is a whole lot of things that go into it being a less than great comic. It has some pretty art, but the story is non existent, because it was finished last issue, then we wait all these months for MArvel to bend us over and go "yeah, that's the way you like it"... Neither the story nor the art should have taken anywhere near this long.

What's worse then just playing along and not being upset by it, is going "this is fucking great!" and being pissy towards those who say "wait a second, what the fuck?"

This is Mark Millar's face when he's fucking you in the ass.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:36 am

Punchy wrote:This is Mark Millar's face when he's fucking you in the ass.

See, I knew there was something wrong with you.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 73 posts

Postby dairydead » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:45 am

thefourthman wrote:I'm not saying it is terrible because it is quick, although at $5, one could make a case...

But it was a great, fun, story with great art. It may not be your taste, but its far from a terrible comic.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:50 am

dairydead wrote:But it was a great, fun, story with great art. It may not be your taste, but its far from a terrible comic.

It was a great Story... yes the first six issues. And again, I am not arguing that this issue is a terrible comic, I am saying this issue (GIANT SIZE WOLVERINE OLD MAN LOGAN #1) is not a GREAT. comic. Old Man Logan itself is a hell of a fun comic and might be close to a ten, this issue is not.

I see an awful lot of tens in this thread for a comic that is fairly mindless, short, overpriced and took way too long to come out.

That's all I'm trying to say. If you separate this comic from its run, which is Punchy's like number one priority with reviews that the comic should stand on its own, it is far from perfect.

If we were reviewing the arc, I would not have a problem with the scores or the backlash that starlord, hoj and myself have received for criticizing it. But this issue, hell no. WE SHOULD ALL BE PISSED OFF, not praising it.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:53 am

thefourthman wrote:It was a great Story... yes the first six issues. And again, I am not arguing that this issue is a terrible comic, I am saying this issue (GIANT SIZE WOLVERINE OLD MAN LOGAN #1) is not a GREAT. comic. Old Man Logan itself is a hell of a fun comic and might be close to a ten, this issue is not.

I see an awful lot of tens in this thread for a comic that is fairly mindless, short, overpriced and took way too long to come out.

That's all I'm trying to say. If you separate this comic from its run, which is Punchy's like number one priority with reviews that the comic should stand on its own, it is far from perfect.

If we were reviewing the arc, I would not have a problem with the scores or the backlash that starlord, hoj and myself have received for criticizing it. But this issue, hell no. WE SHOULD ALL BE PISSED OFF, not praising it.

We should all be pissed off? Bollocks.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 188 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 pm

amlah6 wrote::!:

I missed acknowledging it, but Yoni hit 125 "reviews" on the List:Avengers week. Quantity over quality FTW! :twisted:

I am pretty awesome.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand