Advertisement

Review Group Week 192 - THE UNWRITTEN #6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Morrison's Batman run was mediocre up until Batman and Robin.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:10 pm

Punchy wrote:I am the craziest poster on the web, I wish Alan Moore posted so fourthy would stop making fun of me.

Yeah, that would make it easier for you.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:11 pm

thefourthman wrote:Yeah, that would make it easier for you.

I take it back, the JH Williams story was good, other than that, mediocre to shit.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Punchy wrote:I take it back, the JH Williams story was good, other than that, mediocre to shit.

I never said it was great, just that I enjoyed it. Alot actually, but I have read Batman for a long time and I knew a lot of the stories he was referencing, that made it a better read.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:14 pm

thefourthman wrote:I never said it was great, just that I enjoyed it. Alot actually, but I have read Batman for a long time and I knew a lot of the stories he was referencing, that made it a better read.

I've never really read incontinuity Batman before, so it all went over my head.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:19 pm

thefourthman wrote:I never said it was great, just that I enjoyed it. Alot actually, but I have read Batman for a long time and I knew a lot of the stories he was referencing, that made it a better read.

I liked all that, it's just all the various plot threads and what seemed like key points didn't seem to add up or lead to a satisfying rationale for any of what happened to Bruce for me. I expected more complexity to be revealed, not less like some sort of reverse-fractal.

Plus I wanted to continue to explore Bruce's (possibly self-inflicted) fractured psyche not have him blasted into the Flintstone Age by Darkseid in one of the Big DC Flimflams.

Possibly I'll read the current Morrison book in trade but it just doesn't justify buying the floppies when I flip through it.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 73 posts

Postby MrBlack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:25 pm

thefourthman wrote:yeah, it has a bunch of the old stories that mOrrison referenced, like Purple Batshit crazy Bats and the story about the whatthefuckisthewordiwillthinkofitlaterbutitmakesyoutripballswithoutdrugs tank

Batman was cheesing his brains out.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 73 posts

Postby MrBlack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 pm

House of J wrote:I liked all that, it's just all the various plot threads and what seemed like key points didn't seem to add up or lead to a satisfying rationale for any of what happened to Bruce for me. I expected more complexity to be revealed, not less like some sort of reverse-fractal.

Plus I wanted to continue to explore Bruce's (possibly self-inflicted) fractured psyche not have him blasted into the Flintstone Age by Darkseid in one of the Big DC Flimflams.

Possibly I'll read the current Morrison book in trade but it just doesn't justify buying the floppies when I flip through it.

Well, it does seem that Morrison isn't done with Bruce yet, if rumors about what he's doing next year are to be believed.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 pm

MrBlack wrote:Well, it does seem that Morrison isn't done with Bruce yet, if rumors about what he's doing next year are to be believed.

Yep. If it picks up on that stuff I might give it a read. But I have a passing interest in the material now whereas during R.I.P. I was mad for answers. May not be true for everyone.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 pm

2 comic shops, no Unwritten.

I may have to resort to unsavory means to read this week's pick if I strike out on the way home after work.

stupidfuckingsuperherocirclejerkshops :evil:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

amlah6 wrote:2 comic shops, no Unwritten.

I may have to resort to unsavory means to read this week's pick if I strike out on the way home after work.

^Wow, this is practically ripped from an upcoming thread I was planning to start.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 pm

amlah6 wrote:2 comic shops, no Unwritten.

hey some of us try to forge a balance, I think HOJ has a thread just for you coming up though :)

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:37 pm

House of J wrote:^Wow, this is practically ripped from an upcoming thread I was planning to start.

See Amlah? I TOLD YOU!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:39 pm

thefourthman wrote:See Amlah? I TOLD YOU!

:( I guess I should do my shipping first. Stupid Columbus Day making me buried in work.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Um. Going into this book after reading only #1, I don't have any clue how to review or score this issue.

It's tempting to put $10 into the first trade and try again but there's some other stuff I'd really like to get like Noir instead.

:?I guess I'll read it over later and see what I think then.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand