Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 238 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:07 pm

House of J wrote:It would have put me in a bind--didn't I tell you how many problems I've had with buyers of modern vampire romance & fiction?

I just had to stay out of that one, because I think anyone who likes them is a whackjob now.

I've had a run of sales on Dean Koontz this week, though.

I didn't say I like Vampires or romance fiction. I like this book.

It's a cool spy thing with a vast alternate history and the zombie stuff is just a virus that makes people retarded, kind of like Punchy. :)
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:08 pm

amlah6 wrote:That dude certainly seems to have a thing for kid's don't he. I wonder if there's a connection between that and the pedobear in his avatar.

the pedi-bear is getting ready to be eaten by the boogeyman, you dutchman you.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 139 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:08 pm

amlah6 wrote:Coolio. To make it official, you have to post your order in the Cart-O-Comics thread. 8)

Ok, I will have to do that later.

It was for December, not a huge month if you're not buying a ton of Marvel & DC.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Punchy wrote:Kieron Gillen

ugh, I like him and all, but his superhero work.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Punchy wrote:Kieron Gillen

Which is awesome, but Cary Nord was supposed to be doing the art but for whatever reason he's not. :cry:

I'm hoping it will be Super's pick, but when somebody zigs Super zags so it's anyone's guess what he'll pick.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Chubbles wrote:kieron gillen. People write off ares as some mindless war machine but he's showing signs of humanity recently which makes him sooooo much more interesting.

which started with Oeming. In fact Oeming did more than Bendis.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Chubbles wrote:kieron gillen. People write off ares as some mindless war machine but he's showing signs of humanity recently which makes him sooooo much more interesting.

You mean like eating tv dinners and having a dysfunctional relationship with his kid?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

House of J wrote:Ok, I will have to do that later.

It was for December, not a huge month if you're not buying a ton of Marvel & DC.

it never is, unless you buy a ton of Marvel and DC... :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

I prefer Bendis' Ares to Oeming's, it's funnier.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:11 pm

thefifthman wrote:I didn't say I like Vampires or romance fiction. I like this book.

It's a cool spy thing with a vast alternate history and the zombie stuff is just a virus that makes people retarded, kind of like Punchy. :)

Yeah, I've considered reading it.

Postby ****** » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:11 pm

House of J wrote:Ok, I will have to do that later.

Yeah, my order was only like 15 items.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Punchy wrote:I prefer Bendis' Ares to Oeming's, it's funnier.

surprise, surprise. :roll:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:12 pm

House of J wrote:Yeah, I've considered reading it.

check your email in a minute.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:12 pm

amlah6 wrote:Oeming made him cool, the others are just playing off of his character reboot IMO.

I agree but now he's in the spotlight on a major team book so more people are noticing.

Postby ****** » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Punchy wrote:I prefer Bendis' Ares to Oeming's, it's funnier.

I will forever curse Bendis' name for letting Frank Cho get rid of the mohawk. :evil:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand