Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 pm

McKegan wrote:Who are we ganging up on today?


As per usual me, but I'm bringing it on myself I suppose.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm

McKegan wrote:I heard the news. Is shit crazy at work today?


You mean yesterdays news? It happened in tempe so nothing is new here.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Punchy wrote:My point is that Ares is just as valid a pick as FVZA!

No it's not. Your point has pretty much been all along that it is a superior pick.
User avatar

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Punchy wrote:As per usual me, but I'm bringing it on myself I suppose.


You should being such a 'this book that nobody will ever read is so great' indie-hipster douchebag.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 pm

McKegan wrote:Who are we ganging up on today?

clue... username ends in the same letter that the sections of the week do.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 pm

thefifthman wrote:No it's not. Your point has pretty much been all along that it is a superior pick.


I haven't read either yet, but I do think Ares is a better choice for the group overall.
User avatar

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:You mean yesterdays news? It happened in tempe so nothing is new here.


Oh, I thought that was today. So, they didn't out your campus on lock-down?
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Punchy wrote:Because it annoys me when people posit all Indie Books as being of more worth than Marvel or DC, it's not true, and it's pretentious.

Plus Yoni is just being his general twattish self.


Indie, marvel, dc. Doesn't matter to me. I read the preview to FVZA and thought,"wow this is awesome." I read the preview to Ares and thought, "Great another piece of dark reign crap where Norman Osbourne talks about the fact that he runs the show and Ares is his right hand man."

I wonder what my last review group pick was??? Oh yes. Blackest Night from that indie publisher with no tie ins or overpriced variants.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 pm

McKegan wrote:Oh, I thought that was today. So, they didn't out your campus on lock-down?


Nope and I don't think tempe is either.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Indie, marvel, dc. Doesn't matter to me. I read the preview to FVZA and thought,"wow this is awesome." I read the preview to Ares and thought, "Great another piece of dark reign crap where Norman Osbourne talks about the fact that he runs the show and Ares is his right hand man."

I wonder what my last review group pick was??? Oh yes. Blackest Night from that indie publisher with no tie ins or overpriced variants.


Norman was in 2 panels!
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Punchy wrote:Norman was in 2 panels!


And he's in the book reminding us all of this shitty storyline.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:And he's in the book reminding us all of this shitty storyline.


:roll:

It's a good storyline anyway.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Punchy wrote::roll:

It's a good storyline anyway.


No it isn't. Why? Because in the end Norman will still be a bad guy and not in power, that's what the siege is about and then the capture and then the double secret war invasion house. It's all been one long shit fest. Anytime Marvel does something interesting they take 10 steps backwards trying to figure it out how to stretch it out to something just as breaking. Secret War was pretty good but the invasion was dumb. Planet Hulk was great, world war hulk was awesome till the last issue and now hulk is...And the perfect lead into all this. Ellis's thunderbolts...Genius. Lets take the idea and run it into the ground with Dark Avengers.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:No it isn't. Why? Because in the end Norman will still be a bad guy and not in power, that's what the siege is about and then the capture and then the double secret war invasion house. It's all been one long shit fest. Anytime Marvel does something interesting they take 10 steps backwards trying to figure it out how to stretch it out to something just as breaking. Secret War was pretty good but the invasion was dumb. Planet Hulk was great, world war hulk was awesome till the last issue and now hulk is...And the perfect lead into all this. Ellis's thunderbolts...Genius. Lets take the idea and run it into the ground with Dark Avengers.


So you're judging a story based on your possibly wrong predictions? Huh?

Just because Siege might reverse Dark Reign doesn't mean you can't enjoy a well told Ares mini-series set within Dark Reign. That's 3 months in the future, and has no bearing on this mini.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Punchy wrote:So you're judging a story based on your possibly wrong predictions? Huh?

Just because Siege might reverse Dark Reign doesn't mean you can't enjoy a well told Ares mini-series set within Dark Reign. That's 3 months in the future, and has no bearing on this mini.

:shock:
Dude, do you read all of a post or just skim it before you start to argue with it?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Glaeken, hanson724, Jack Burton, jonjames and 55 guests