Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:56 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:No it makes them pointless in the end. That's the problem it's why I like the indie books because they are single continuity. And now you're just back peddling to argue about indie books when you are simply a marvel apologist.

All comics are pointless, a distraction. To try and say one story matters more than another is foolish.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Punchy wrote:You and Yoni are making different arguments, he's saying Dark Reign sucks because it's pointless as it's going to end, so why should he bother reading it. You're saying it's good but it's going on too long. Yoni seems to prefer that it went on indefinitely, so it would have some value.

And I agree with you on Deadpool.

I just think that we should respect Super's pick, rather than bash it because it's not an Indie Vampire book that is the next big thing until the next one.

he made that point after the post I was responding to your response to. You have been hanging our with Milton too long. Spinning debate is not good debate.

And no one is bashing, just expressing disappointment.

We are however bashing you and your questionable arguments.*

*see my next post
Last edited by thefourthman on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 pm

thefifthman wrote:I have never espoused that, but I do love me some indie books, so back off that stance. Neither had Yoni, maybe HOJ, I am unsure... Without Marvel or DC I wouldn't have ever read comics. Without Vertigo I probably wouldn't still be reading comics.

And you are being your usual obstinate self, so is there a point to your tirades this morning?

No. He is inferring that from the fact that the three of us aren't Dark Reign fans.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 pm

House of J wrote:No. He is inferring that from the fact that the three of us aren't Dark Reign fans.

And from your general dispositions after months of communicating with you all on here.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Punchy wrote:All comics are pointless, a distraction. To try and say one story matters more than another is foolish.

Now who is making random points?*

*see my last post.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:01 pm

House of J wrote:No. He is inferring that from the fact that the three of us aren't Dark Reign fans.

That's why I said unsure, bitch. Am I unclear or are you off your meds again.

Goddamit I love me some embryonic.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Punchy wrote:You and Yoni are making different arguments, he's saying Dark Reign sucks because it's pointless as it's going to end, so why should he bother reading it. You're saying it's good but it's going on too long. Yoni seems to prefer that it went on indefinitely, so it would have some value.

And I agree with you on Deadpool.

I just think that we should respect Super's pick, rather than bash it because it's not an Indie Vampire book that is the next big thing until the next one.

No I preferred they did their story and moved on. It's not fun it's not good. My favorite comic right now is a big 2 book very much the victim of continuity but it's a great book with a great story, great characters, a great writer and some awesome art. I can't say that for the Dark Reign books I've read.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm

thefifthman wrote:Now who is making random points?*

*see my last post.

Yoni said Dark Reign was pointless. Well what point does any comic have beyond to entertain? Dark Reign does that. To expect it to do something more is stupid.

It's like when people say the Ultimate line sucks because it doesn't matter. And the 616 does?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Punchy wrote:And from your general dispositions after months of communicating with you all on here.

I have never bashed DArk Reign, until today. I did bash the hell out of some GSWOML, but never DArk Reign.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:03 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:No I preferred they did their story and moved on. It's not fun it's not good. My favorite comic right now is a big 2 book very much the victim of continuity but it's a great book with a great story, great characters, a great writer and some awesome art. I can't say that for the Dark Reign books I've read.

What book's that?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Punchy wrote:Yoni said Dark Reign was pointless. Well what point does any comic have beyond to entertain? Dark Reign does that. To expect it to do something more is stupid.

It's like when people say the Ultimate line sucks because it doesn't matter. And the 616 does?

Up until Millar left UXM,and then Ultiamtes and Bendis brought in venom I thought the Ultimate U was awesome.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:No I preferred they did their story and moved on. It's not fun it's not good. My favorite comic right now is a big 2 book very much the victim of continuity but it's a great book with a great story, great characters, a great writer and some awesome art. I can't say that for the Dark Reign books I've read.

What book is that?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Punchy wrote:What book's that?

Gotham City Sirens.

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 pm

thefifthman wrote:I have never bashed DArk Reign, until today. I did bash the hell out of some GSWOML, but never DArk Reign.

I don't mean that.

In general you like to consider yourself a big reader of Independent books, and like to pimp them.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Gotham City Sirens.

Ugh, Dini.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand